Did you mean: 

Sapscript printing on A5

hari_cahyadi2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have problem with A5 Printing.

I use sapscript with paper type DINA5.

My printer is Epson LQ-300+II dot matrix.

And I use SAPWINCFC as device type.

For the access method I use G

And then when I try to print my page orientation become rotated, for example from landscape become potrait.

Any idea to solve this problem?

Thanking you in advance for anyone who can share

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182040
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all you create page format like for example

format = Zany

orient = L

width = 00999

unit  = MM

height =  00999

unit = MM

Now in script basic setting define  Page format  = zany

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you printing a sapscript form? Have you defined DINA5 as the page format in the sapscript form and also defined Orientation = Landscape Format in the sapscript form? Do you create a new spool after activating the sapscript form?

regards,

Aidan

hari_cahyadi2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

Yes I'm printing the sapscript form, and I already define the DINA5 as the page format. And yes I create the new spool.

One more thing, if I do the print preview, everything is normal.

I try to change the device type to EPESCP9 and now the orientation is correct, but now I face the problem with the Vietnamese character.

Should I use SWINCFC or EPESCP9?

regards,

hari

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

EPESCP9 cannot work with Vietnamese. It is a Latin-1 device type and also uses only the internal fonts and character set of the printer itself.

So you should use the unicode windows device type like SWINCF. It may be that this is related to the windows printer driver as described in SAP note 134364. So you could try using a different printer driver at windows level. If you change the orientation setting in the sapscript form, does the output look different?

Regards,

Aidan

hari_cahyadi2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

Thank you for your quick response and advice.

I agree with you that we should use the windows device type in order to support the VNese characters.

I also already try to change my windows driver, but still stuck. Even when I use MS-Word with the same paper size, I also face the same problem.

I try to change the orientation from the MS-Word and also from the printer setting, but again still the same problem happened.

Maybe I should contact the printer vendor in order to solve this issue.

Once again thank you very much for all

regards,

hari

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

If it is also a problem when printing from MS Word, then it does seem to be a problem with the windows printer driver or the printer itself.

When you print via sapscript from SAP using page format DINA5, a command should be sent to windows to select the A5 paper in the printer.

Maybe it might work to create a custom page format in windows with the same dimensions as standard A5 as a workaround for this problem.

When you create custom page format with a windows device type like SWINCF, no command is sent to the printer for the page size. The default page format of the printer as defined at windows  level is used.

So you need to create a custom page format e.g. ZDINA5 in SAP via transaction SPAD and assign it to the device type SWINCF.

Then you need to create the ZDINA5 page format at windows level and assignit as the default for your printer. This process is described in the SAP note 163136.

I am not sure if this will work better but it might be owrth a try. In the meantime, you should also contact the printer vendow about why the standard A5 paper is not working via windows.

Regards,

Aidan

hari_cahyadi2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

Currently I use the standard DINA5 in my sapscript and choose the landscape orientation.

And I also already create the custom paper size in OS level(windows) as well with the name SAPA5.

My question is, should I use the same name for the custom paper in windows and in SPAD?

Anyone have the same problem with me, with the LQ-300+II printer?

regards,

hari

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

It is not necessary that the page format has the same name in windows as in SPAD. It is only necessary this windows custom page format it is defined as the default page format for the LQ-300+II printer in windows.

regards,

Aidan