Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Reminders for cancelled requests in CUP

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been getting the email reminders for one request which was cancelled. I am working on GRC 5.3. anybody has any idea how I can analyse this and solve?

It seems that CUP tool some how does not recognize it as "cancelled" and that is why sending email reminders. How I can make CUP tool recognize that this request is  a cancelled one?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Check if this note solves the problem:

Note 1535358 - How to stop email reminders for the closed requests

Regards,

Ajesh.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh,

Thanks for your kind reply.

This note seems to be useful. However, when I checked the status of the request in question, in the table "VIRSA_AE_RQD_WPFWD", it was updated as "CLOSED". I still changed it to "CLOSED" and checked in CUP, the status of the request is still "CANCEL".

I then changed the status of the request in question to "CLOSED" in table "VIRSA_AE_RQD_WPTRN". It updated 7 rows as "CLOSED". Earlier, below were the different statuses in the above table for the same request:

STATUS

------------------------------------------------------------

APPROVE

CLOSED

APPROVE

CANCEL

CANCEL

OPEN

OPEN

Now it is as:

STATUS

------------------------------------------------------------

CLOSED

CLOSED

CLOSED

CLOSED

CLOSED

CLOSED

CLOSED

Having changed the status of this request, still I notice that the status is shown as "CANCEL" in CUP. Any idea, where this status is coming from?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

I am not exactly sure where it is stored, dont have access to Database to check the details.

Have the email reminders stopped or you are still getting them?

Check table VIRSA_AE_REQD_HDR or tables VIRSA_AE_REQ*. It might be maintained in the header of the request.

If your reminders are stopped, I suggest you dont run other SQL commits, as its not suggested in note.

Regards,

Ajesh.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajesh,

Thanks for your reply.

I have asked the user to let me know if he receives any reminders for the request. I checked the table

"VIRSA_AE_REQD_HDR", it is not available.

I have checked the field "STATUS" for tables:

VIRSA_AE_RQD_WPFWD

VIRSA_AE_EMLLOG

VIRSA_AE_RQD_WPTRN

All of them have status as "CLOSED". I am not sure where the status "CANCEL" is coming from.

Please suggest if possible.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajesh,

User is still getting the email reminder for the cancelled/closed request. Any idea where exactly this needs to be updated?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

These involve DB changes, I think better raise a OSS message and get a solution.

Parallelly keep the thread open to see if anyone has other suggestions.

Regards,

Ajesh.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajesh,

I have now opened a message with SAP. Lets see what solution would be provided.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Somehow, now user is not getting the reminders for "CANCELLED" requests. I think the note suggested by Ajesh has helped me.

Thanks Ajesh 🙂

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (0)