cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert text file to xml file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a text format file. i need to convert the text file to xml file. but i dont have the access to trigger the text file. User has just sent me the text file and asking me to give xml file and there is a file content conversion in the communication channel but dont know how to get the xml file. Please help me out.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I assume, you have already a scenario in place, where you put source text file and get the desired output. Or in case of error, you can monitor that in SXMB_MONI txn. Now, once you place your text file in source folder, go SXMB_MONI and open your message for that particular interface and open the step - click on payload. you will get XML payload after content conversion. Copy it and send it to whoever you want to send.

Thanks
Aashish Sinha

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Please study the file content conversion first to find out the format of the output XML file.

In your case you need to create file to file scenario with input as text fiel and output as XML file.

This should not be very tough. Please follow the link http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Basic+File+Adapter+Content+Conversion

Hope this helps.

Regards

Anupam

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ANUPAM,

you can check following link for fcc.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/Contentconversion/page1.htm

Regards

Gagandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

create a file-to-file scenario. in source comm channel, pick your source file text file and using file content conversion convert it to xml format in source msg. just output that without involving any mapping to target xml file using file receiver comm channel. you can take a dummy interface and dummy interface namespace to configure this scenario in ID.