L1 wbs

L2 wbs

L2 wbs

L3 wbs

L4 wbs

L5 wbs

L2 wbs

L2 wbs

Can anyone give suggestions, how to go about for budgeting with this scenario. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Is there any specific setting needs to be done in planning profile and in budgeting profile. Pl explain.

Regards,

AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is nothing special that needs to be considered for budgeting a project having a structure as you have mentioned above. Follow the standard budgeting process i.e.defining budget for individual WBS elements at different levels. As far as planning profile is considered you can use the one that comes with standard SAP with some minor changes or create a new one by copying the standard profile. You might need to maintain a proper Primary cost element group and a proper Revenue CE group. The budgeting profile will be entirely based on your business need.

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for your quick reply.

when I go for budgeting each wbs and total up, I am not getting the correct total up in L3 to L5.

when trying with cumulative entry, L2 wbs shows wrong budget values. Can you eloborate out the process, so that I can understand where I am going wrong. Thanks.

Regards,

AM

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have observed the following while cost planning and budgeting.

for L2 wbs, I am cost planning through activity Input, through sender CC and sender Activity and corresponding per Hr value maintained in KP26. So I have planned value correctly eg say 4000. After saving the activity input screen and navigating back to planning screen, the values in plan value column is only 40. Not able to understand why.

Also in cj30 screen, the plan value is correct and showing 4000.

for other values where manual entry made in cj40, it got multiplied by 100 in cj30 plan value column.

L2 wbs

cj40 activity input screen - plan value 4000

cj40 planning screen - plan value 40

cj30 screen - plan value 4000

another L2 wbs

cj40 planning screen - plan value 400

cj30 screen - plan value 40000

Not able to understand why. Can anyone help on this please. Thanks.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with what Gokul has said.

I hope you are doing "Edit -> Total Up" in CJ40 before saving it.

In CJ30 you are copying the values from CJ40. You should be doing "Edit -> Copy View" and the selecting option "5" (planned total).

Just recheck again & get back.

I hope you are have not done planning in previous years. To make this sure, run any cost report and confirm.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

I am not doing cost total up in CJ40. I input my cost planning through Activity Input and Primary Cost tabs in CJ40 and observed the following.

L2 wbs

cj40 activity input screen - plan value 4000

cj40 planning screen - plan value 40

cj30 screen - plan value 4000

another L2 wbs

cj40 planning screen - plan value 400

cj30 screen - plan value 40000

Not able to understand why. Please help