Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System hangs while checking attachments via Services for Objects

0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Kindly guide on below problem:

System: SAP 4.7C, SAP GUI: 7.20, Windows 7 OS

Issue:

User tries to access the attachments via 'Services for Objects' in SAP. T-Codes where problem was reported is QM02, QM03 & ME22N.

While doing so there are three observations observed:

1. System hangs indefinitely while trying to open the attachments. It calls for terminating the session via task Manager. This also calls for termination of SAP logon pad & then re-login to SAP system. If two different systems are open then all SAP systems sessions get terminated via the task manager once we kill the troublesome session.

2. For some users system gives error: '<Get data from KPRO>'

3. For some users the system hangs when they upload the attachments.

Observations / Workaround:

1. The attachment gets downloaded to /..../My Documents/SAP folder on desktop. If there is no free space available in the local drive of this SAP folder, then system shows this error. For many users if the free space is made available the problem is solved.

2. The issue has been reported after the users system were upgraded to Windows 7 version of OS.

3. For some users applying PL11 for SAP GUI 7.20 the issue is resolved permanently for some users.

4. However still there are many users for whom the above workaround are not working.

Question:

1. Is the system compatible for the given combination of versions: SAP 4.7C + SAPGUI 7.20 + Windows 7

2. Is there a permanent solution? If someone has already worked on similar issue, kindly provide the info.

Thanks & Regards

Vrish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Issue solved for me,

It requires free space available to  download documents from SAP in the SAP WORK DIRECTORY folder, the SAP GUI to be updated to PL11 version 720 & the SAP FTP program version upgrade & regenerating the same.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vrish

for me this does not sound like a GUI related problem. For me it sounds like the described issue here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/14/d9ad3cf7ca0855e10000000a114084/content.htm

Please also have a look at notes 0093042 and 0164203.

Hope this helps.

Jann