Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource related billing against project - Net Order value won't populate

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Below are the steps I followed for the Billing document creation:

Document flow:

Step-1: A Sales Order (Parent) is created with Material used in DIP Profile.

Step-2: WBS Element for which costs were posted is assigned to Sales Order - Line item

Step-3: Order quantity - Zero, Con. type: ZR00

Step-4: A Billing/Debit-memo request (L2) document is created in reference to Parent sales Order

Step-5: In VF02 the "Cost" column is populated with Costs posted against WBS Element captured based on DIP Profile settings, but, the Net value is "Zero".

Q-1) What should I do to make the "Cost" value to be populated in "Net Value" for purpose of billing. Is this related to any mismatch in condition type settings? Comment: a.) When I double click on line item - Conditions tab, of billing document, I see the value for Condition types, EK01, PR00 populated with amount XXXX. But the value is not adopted into the 'Total Value' field. b.) When double click on line item of sales order (Condition type maintained is ZR00), The value in PR00 field is 'ZERO'.

Q-2) Please let me know if the process flow I have is correct, as this is my first time working on resource related billing.

Below are the config settings maintained in MM/SD:

MM Config: A material master is maintained in MM, with item category group DIEN (   )

SD Config:

DIP Profile is assigned to Item category

Item category is assigned to Sales doc. type used for creation of Sale/Service order.

DIP Profile config settings (ODP1):

Usage: 1- Billing and Results analysis, Sales doc. type "DR" is selected

Characteristics: Cost Element + Default selections

Sources: 0001 Actual Cost line items is selected

Selection criteria: Cost Element group

Material determination: Transfer Costs only, the Cost Element group is maintained in Criteria

In ODP4 - EK01 is maintained for "DR" Sales doc. type 

-thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the condition class, calculation type and condition category maintained in EK01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have maintained the quantity as zero and moreover you have also maintained the condition type value for the line item as zero. How do you expect the system to populate a Net Value?

Try maintaining some value for the condition type and then check. You can also take help from your SD consultant to get more clarity about the process.

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

@ Gokul,

Our SD Consultant is looking into the issue. Will check the condition types.

@ Shrikant,

Yes, I am using DP91 to create the Billing request.

thanks for your inputs.

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

All,

I apologize for the late response.

We are now able to capture both 'Labor & Material' costs, based on DIP profile and other related configuration settings. For Material costs the "Net Value" of Sales order is populated with the "Costs" posted against the Material G/L. However, for Labor costs, we had to enter the value populated in "Costs" column manually in the "Sales Order - Conditions (tab)" in order to populate the Net Order value.

@Don,

Here are the values maintainded for:

Condition class - B (Prices)

Calculation type - C (Quantity)

Condition category - Q (Costing)

in V/06. Thanks for your help. Now that we are able to create biling documents for our demo, need to see if the same works at client's place.

Can anyone help me on, how we can bill the customer - based on # transactions (Ex: # tickets resolved, # support calls, # chat sessions). Can we use SKF in this scenario? or just create a Material for the transactions required by client and use the normal DIP Profile procedure?. Please suggest.

-thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure, why your Net Order Value not coming right. If you have maintained pricing conditions with the billing rate for Labor, then Number of hours (Time-sheets) should get multiplied with it and give you the Net Value.

What have you linked with the Material for Labor? Activity types? Costs comes from the activity type in our case and Net value from pricing conditions in DP91.

Secondly, Yes, use SKF's, link SKF's with Materials in ODP1. KB31N or some other relevant transaction to post SKF's for tickets, support calls etc.

Thanks,

Don

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Don,

Thanks for your suggestions. The 'Material' in DIP profile for capturing 'Labor' costs is done via. Cost Element group created for 'Labor Costs'. We separated the CE Groups for Labor & Material.

And, for Service related billing using SKF's, I believe SKF can be used for cost allocation (KB31N), but, not sure how I can use it for our Service related billing scenario. Anyways, Please see below for our proposed process flow for service related billing Ex: Chat, Tickets resolved, Phone calls (using Service Entry sheet). I hope this will also help others.

1. Create a PR with – Acct Assign Category ‘P’ (Project) and Item category ‘D’ (for Service).Trx: ME51N

Note: A service master will be created with conditions, and the G/L for Service consumption is automatically generated based on 'Valuation Class' maintained in Service master.

2. Create a PO for the corresponding PR generated above and Save. Trx: ME21N

3. Create Service entry sheet for PO generated above and Save. Trx: ML81N

The rest of the billing process is carried out, similar to T&M billing.

-Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you are using DP91 for step 4. Further I think quantity should not be zero in step 3.

Regards

Shrikant

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Shrikant,

This is where I get confused. Shouldn't the Net Order value be based on the costs posted against the Cost elements used in DIP Profile?, instead of the user entering a quantity in Parent Sales Order.

Q-1) As we want to create a Debit memo request in reference to Parent sales order, where we want to capture just Labor, Material costs posted against the WBS Element entered, Will this not be a conflict as I believe the system just picks the price maintained in material master for the Order quantity?.

Q-2) Do you think I can work with maintaining conditions here to make the value populate to "Total Value" field?. "Introduction_DIP_21" document which we use as reference states:

If you want to transfer costs to the sales and distribution document, you must define additionally acost condition for the type of sales and distribution document to be created in Customizing(ODP4).

Comment: The Sales. doc. type: DR has been assigned to Con Type: EK01, which I think is the reason the system is populating the amount value in EK01, PR00 fields of billing document.

-thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sales order should be non zero for revenue planning. DP91 will result in actual revenue.

Regards

Shrikant