SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax related Error and Finished Goods related query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have activated FM and using BCS functionality. Currently in the testing phase.

I have two important queries / errors. Please help as we need to go ahead as soon as possible.

• We use Gross Tax: In Sales & Distribution testing at Billing stage Fund Center can’t be derived even though I have assigned it in FMDERIVER as Commitment Item to Fund Center & Fund. Education Cess, Higher Edu. Cess, Basic Exicise Tax  > Commitment Items have Financial Transaction
    30 and Item Category 2.

• Does Material GLs (Raw/Semi-finished/Finished) require Budgeting? In Finished Goods case , In PP transaction when Goods issued amount is updated but if GR with movement type 101 is done separately system does not ask for budget for Finished Goods GL Commitment Item and document of GR gets posted (After this I can see ALARM SIGN in AVC Budget Report for this Commitment Item. On the other hand if movement type 101 and 261 is used in one transaction the budget is required. Whats the logic? What is right?

- Nilesh

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh

If u create commitment item with financial transaction 30/2 and 30/3 then u need to allocate budget and also FM Document will be generated.

In your first case fund center is not deriving at the time of billing document creation. Activate FMDERIVE trace and check whether Commitment, Fund center and Fund is deriving for all GL Accounts or not (including tax gl accounts)?. If missing to derive Fund center check derivation rules and its conditions.

Issue no 2. Check whether finished goods GL Accounts commitment item finanical transaction. If it is 30/2 and 30/3 then system check AVC control. Buget required or not it depends on your business requirement. At the time of GR posting (movement type 101) system does not check Budget availability control. Check the SAP notes 755495 and implement this BADi BUAVC_CHECK_RESTRICT for checking Budget AVC at GR level.

Hope this will help to u

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for a quick reply.

Actually we have not maintained any rule for Tax related Account derivation for fund center. We are deriving account assignments from Material valuation class in case of MM, PP and also SD. Do we need to write derivation rule for SD separately.

As I am very new to FM, I request to please suggest the derivation rule to derive Fund Center for Tax GL. 

0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, You need to maintain derivation rules for Tax GL Accounts also.

Once FM is activated system checks the derivation rules for all GL Accounts, if derivation rules are not available then system will not allow for posting of transactions.

Maintain derivation rules for tax GL Accounts and check the

Regards

Rao