cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Non-Warehouse Managed materials in WM storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have a requirement in Warehouse Management System.

In my company,we broadly classify our finished products as Decorative paints and Industrial paints.

We have a separate storage location for managing Industrial and Decorative finished goods.

Currently we have Warh.Mgmt active for industrial paints(industrial storage location).

Now the same is to be implemented for Decorative paints also but in phases.

Phase 1

We have say 'A' type of Decorative paint which is managed in Decorative storage location which we want to manage through WMS.

The remaining stock in this storage location is to be managed through Inventory Management only.

Is it possible to have Warehouse Management active for only a few products in the Decorative storage location??

The 'A' type products have a different MRP controller so I have no issue in bifurcating.

My query is that how to manage the WM and Non-WM stock in same storage location.(end to end-receipts to dispatch)

Regards

Iyer Kartik.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MANIS
Active Contributor

Hi KartIK,

As suggested by Joji, Do not extend the material master warehouse management view for the warehouse which you do not want to warehouse managed. Technically there is not a issue and you wil be able to achieve this However as a standard WMS best practice that is not advisable. if you are having a business requirement to extend the partial material to the WM managed location and partial to IM managed we would recommend to go with two separate storage location which will give clear visibility of the stock for any reporting purpose

Regard

Manish kumar

Former Member

If the plant has several storage locations then why cant you manage the FG in a separate sloc where the inventory is WM managed while the remaining stays in another sloc which is IM managed. You cannot have a storage location assigned to the warehouse number and manage only few materials in WM.

Thanks

Anandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it is possible. Do not extend the material master warehouse management view for the materials which do not want to be warehouse managed.

Once you need to migrate these materials to WM managed extend the WM views.

Cheers!!

JOJI

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

No, this is not possible - or please explain me how. If you do not extend the material for the whse nbr, you will hit the wall everytime you try to create a delivery or try a GR posting "Material does not exist for whse xxx"

The request was "My query is that how to manage the WM and Non-WM stock in same storage location.(end to end-receipts to dispatch)" - Iyer, that is not possible. If you assign a plant / storage location to a whs number, all the material belonging to this combination is stored in the whse.

Brgds

Juergen