cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to setup start date and End date for snp planning?

former_member245036
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Expert,

I want to define snp planning time from 01.05.2012 to 01.06.2012 by using Planning Start field and offset in dataview illustrated in the following picture:

I don not know how to setup Offset field to get my expectation.

please help us

thanks so much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like you want to restrict your planning horizon for one month starting from 1st of day month and ends with the last date. The planning start date or offset values will not help here.

Planning Start Date allows you to set a future date otherwise it will be initialized with current date or starting period of your time bucket profile. It's a like a constant and rolling planning is not possible. Offset allows you to shift the planning start date by number of buckets set by the offset.

To meet your objective you need to implement a user exit PDATE (t.code SMOD and Function Module EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLMSNP_BAS_00) to set the planning start date dynamically through ABAP program. Then, define a time bucket profile for one month with required periodicity.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hungth,

Some points are not clear in your question. 

How did you define your time bucket profiles? Do you need to have planning only from 01.05.2012 to 01.06.2012, or would you like to have a rolling planning from the beginning of the month to the beginning of the next month?

If you just need to have SNP planning from 01.05.2012 to 01.06.2012 without a rolling horizon, then use a 'daily' time bucket profile which is for 31 days.

Use this time bucket profile as the "TB profile ID (future)". Then you could just use the planning start date as 01.05.2012. You DON'T need to use any offset for this scenario. Then your planning would only happen from 01.05.2012 to 01.06.2012 irrespective of the month in which you use the planning view. I assume you are doing something in your sandbox for your understanding.

If you have a different requirement, please specify what you need.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hung,

Regards your query: You want to have the Planning Horizon in SNP Planning Book as 01.05.2012 to 01.06.2012.

Firstly, the use of OFFSET is to have a TIME DIFFERENCE between the Start Date of Planning Book and the Start Date of your actual planning.

For Eg: Say your SNP Planning Book's Start Date is today 24.04.2012 and you have a Bussiness Requirement that the planning should start after 7days only. Then in that case, you can mention the Offset Value as 7. . So system will start the actual planning from 01.05.2012.

P.S.: Here the planning start date will keep rolling every next day. . Which means, if tomorrow you see then the actual planning start date will be 02.05.2012.

Else what you can do is:

Firstly, you need to maintain theTB Profile as below with periodicity as DAYS.

Then during planning book definition: mention the start date as 01.05.2012 and mention this TB Profile ID (Future). With this system will plan for the period 01.05.2012 to 01.06.2012.

However, please note: With this configuration, you cannot have a Rolling Planning Horizon.
Incase you wish to have some specific settings for the Planning Start Field, you can also refer to the User Exit - PDATE. (I have never used this User Exit, so not sure what impact will it have to other Dates in the system. Better check that with an Tech Guy).

Do let us know in case you need any more information.

Regards,

PP.