cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP 5 Implementation or update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We are running Solman 7.1, under OS windows 2008, EHP 4 - I would like to updates EHP 5

This is my first time I am trying to update EHP 4 to EHP 5

Please tell me what are they necessary steps to successful Implementation for EHP 5...

I will get some technical documents from services markette place, but I would like to explain to my team-lead for step by step procedure such as step 1...2...3.. and so on

Please advise me and take some time to write down these steps

Thanks in advance

Angeline

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angeline,

All steps and procedures are explained in the technical guide clearly. you can refer to below blog for more info:

http://scn.sap.com/community/enhancement-packages/blog/2012/03/28/sapadmin-ehp-technical-checklist-b...

However, below are the overview:

1) connect your ERP system to solman

2) generate stack.xml for your ERP systems via MOPZ

3) Download SPs / Kernel  and etc

4) Download the latest SAPehpi tools - for upgrade

5) Prepare for upgrade - prerequisite, planning and etc.

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you soooo much for this information

you are the good

this is new sdn version, i don't know how to give you points in new beta version

Angeline

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angeline,

You are welcome. if my post had answered your query, you can just mark it as asnwered.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ni Nicholas,

Pretty confousing for new sdn bata version, I could not find the option like answered; is that anything you can help

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hmn.. u need to login with your user id, and you'll see "correct answer" or "helpful answer" below my post.

Cheers.

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

as i told you this is very confousing I can't see any botton or may be I am going to different track

lets see this screen shot

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have another question related to same issue, Ehp5 updates Phase 1, it shows perfect, but it doesn't show how to start updates Ehp5... what is the first step

and when you will post Phase II for Ehp5 updates doc.

Thanks    

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angeline,

To start EHPI, just sapcar the EHPI you downloaded, preferably in /usr/sap/SID/. After extracted, just

follow the EHPI installation guide, eveything is well documented there.

In my part II, i'll basically talk more and explain on each long running & critical process, frequent error hit & resolution.. i did it half way, but was delay due to tight up with my current project.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot fo updates, I really appriciated

Answers (0)