cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC10: Critical Action Alerts not sending email

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI everyone:

We have set up our critical action alerts.  We have created a couple of custom critical action functions and risks and assigned risk owners to the critical action risk. 

We have scheduled the following jobs:

GRAC_ACTION_USAGE_SYNC

GRAC_ALERT_GENERATION.

When we go into the NWBC screen to view the alerts, the alert data is being generated successfully online.

However, an "alert email notification" is not going out to the risk owner.  The risk owner has their email address populated on their user master record (they receive emails for Firefighter so that is working fine).   We have reviewed the config parameters and don't see anything related to alerts?

Does anyone know why we might not be receiving alert emails??

Thanks!

Margaret

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret,

The only option I know to send notifications is in GRAC_ALERT_GENERATION, Check box "Send Notification". Are the alert mails generated for Standard Critical Risks?

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ajesh:

Yes, the box for "Send Notification" is selected in our variant.  (it actually defaults). 

We are only trying to alert on our custom critical action functions/risks since we have a specific list of tcodes that we are concerned with.

We are going to continue debugging....will post what we find.

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret,

Did you find a resolution for this issue?

I'm having the same problem, and any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Maeve:

We have had an OSS note open to SAP for about a month now.  We found the issue.  Our own ABAP developer debugged the issue, and it is because there is a missing "commit work" statement that would tell the program to send the email.  (we tested it and put in the statement, then it worked - but we removed it because we didn't want to change SAP code). 

SAP said that it works on their end, so now they are going to come into our system to check our code.  I will post the solution if/when SAP provides it.

Thanks,
Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret,

We applied SAP notes 1698827 and 1678479 and the issue seems to have been resolved.

Regards,

Maeve

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Maeve:

We already had those 2 notes and it didn't work.  So, SAP issued us 1728869 to fix the missing "commit work" statment which was missing from the code.

Now we are receiving the emails....but the variable data is not coming through.....this is what we get:

Dear User,

This email serves as notification that alerts have been generated

forthe following risks:

%VARIABLE%

Kind Regards,

Access Control

Administrator

So....we are waiting for SAP OSS to investigate the 2nd part of the issue - almost there!!  Is the content of your alert emails coming through ok?

Thanks,
Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Margaret

I have the same issue implementing these two notes. Please, can you update your status?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Claudio:

Our developers have discovered an issue with the code, and we have provided this information to SAP OSS.  SAP OSS is developing new code to fix the issue currently and we are just waiting for them to respond.  I will post the OSS note number once we receive it from SAP OSS.

Thanks,
Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret,

We noted that the following object is inconsistent: CL_GRAC_MODEL_SOD_MITIGATION

Keep me posted.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI:

Here is the solution from SAP OSS.  We implemented it and it works great.

OSS NOTE: 1728869.

If you have already implemented this note to fix the email send issue, first unimplement it and then

re-implement.

Then...you will receive the alert emails which have the correct content!!

Hope this helps,

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret:

We applied SAP notes 1698827, 1678479 and 

1728869 and all the indications mentioned, but the email alert are not triggering.

i hope someone can help with this issue

Best regards Luis

Answers (0)