Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Authorizations - Eval Path working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does Evaluation Path work in Structural Authorizations ?

e.g.

if position is mapped as follow

- Comp Mgr for  O 12345678

- HR Gen          O 12345678

But

SA profile for Comp ZCOMP has Eval Path - O-S-P

SA profile for Comp ZHRGN has Eval Path - O-O-S-P

Are two profiles going to return different set of users ? How ?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Evaluation path restrict user's structural access to only those OM objects & corresponding relationships as specified in path itself.

For example- SAP delivered Eval path O-S-P for root obj type 'O' (i.e Org unit)= 'A' will provide user access to all OM objects & corresponding allowed relationships starting from Org unit A (i.e 'O'), Positions related to Org unit A in org structure (i.e 'S') and Persons (i.e 'P') holding those positions.

Whereas, SAP delivered Eval path O-O-S-P for the same root object, i.e org unit (O)= 'A', will include all OM objects & corresponding relationships starting from A, org units reporting to A (top-down relationship), org units to which A reports to (bottom-up relationship) in org structure, Positions related to Org unit A or its related org units from org structure (i.e 'S') and Persons (i.e 'P') holding all those positions

These OM objects derived by evaluation path are further filtered by other attributes like period of responsibility, validity period, etc before final access is determined for the user. For details of how the final access is determined during HR Structural authorization check, please refer HR 940 document.

Based on the above example you would agree Eval path O-S-P and O-O-S-P will return different structural access for any given root object although a part of it will be common for both paths.

Hope this is helpful!

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Sandipan,

Thanks for the response, do you give some graphical explanation where starting from same O = A,

O-S-P & O-O-S-P will give different results.

From your explanation above, it is still not clear what object will be skipped in one eval path but not the other.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on eval path, only starting root org unit and subsequent S and P relationships will be included in the eval path O-S-P.

In the second eval path O-O-S-P, apart the objects derived from the former eval path this one will also include Org units related(top-down & bottom-up) to root org unit (in my example A) and their corresponding relationships with S & P.

You can further study the example provided in HR940 to have more thorough understanding. Hope I was able to clarify. Should you have any questions, please do let me know.

Thanks

Sandipan