Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 3.5 downport for SAP_BASIS 7.02?

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We're looking at the possibility of implementing NW BC rel 3.5 for its sidepanel capability; but regretably it seems to required Netweaver rel 7.03 as the backend.  SAP Note# 900000 did say that downports are planned for NW 7.01 & 7.02; but no date has been provided. Anybody have any idea when the downport will be available?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi,

Sidepanel functionality together with Web Dynpro ABAP applications is available e.g. with ECC 6.0 EhP 5 (thus NW702). This is working with NWBC 3.5, I'm doing demos based on this setup.

If you refer to Sidepanel "talking" to GUI-based transactions, this will be shipped with ECC 6.0 EhP 6, based on NW 7.03 (NW7.31).

HTH, Thomas

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

Hi,

Sidepanel functionality together with Web Dynpro ABAP applications is available e.g. with ECC 6.0 EhP 5 (thus NW702). This is working with NWBC 3.5, I'm doing demos based on this setup.

If you refer to Sidepanel "talking" to GUI-based transactions, this will be shipped with ECC 6.0 EhP 6, based on NW 7.03 (NW7.31).

HTH, Thomas

0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification Thomas; from the presentation it sure give me the impression that NWBC SidePanel capability is NOT available in ERP6 EHP5. NWBC sure looks like an exciting new development on the User Experience end; hopefully adoption rate will accelerate soon.