Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

my scenario:

1. Worker enter Exception Code;

2. WF start and create PI document for the product in bin;

3. EWM offer next bin with same product;

4. If next bin not found;

5. Adjust outbound delivery with Difference Quantity.

Everything works fine, exept step 5: Delivery adjust, if i customize for exeption code, delivery adjust with code O001, EWM does not offer alternative bin for the product and immediately adjust delivery qty, and close WT.

Any solution, logic, customazing missing?

Examples of /SCWM/IF_EX_EXCP_EXC_FUNC?

Thx in advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

SOLVED.

By customize pick denal and WF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

Can you please let me know how you have solved this.

As i understood if you have the delivery adjustment then the system was not offering picking from the next bin.

Did you have a separate WF to have the system propose next bin or just customizing the pick denial was enough.

Sorry am bit confused with the whole exception handling processing.

Regards

Sandeepan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Sandeepan,

System propose next bin automaticly, if you, for example, use standart exeption code BIDU, for automatic delivery adjesment you need customize:

1. Workflow

2. Pick denal

3. For task  WS78600015 change the processor to background or assign some.

If you want start by the exeption code some additional action, for example inventory, you shoul customize it in exeption code customazing and dont forget about processor in WF task.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

However i was wondering if the WF task WS78600015 required for the delivery adjustment part. If we configure the pick denial as shown in your screenshot above and donot assign the WF start id for the above task to the exception code will the system still not change the delivery qty in the ODO.

Another doubt question with regard to the the screen shots above is what is the fundamental use of assigning the internal exception code to the exception code. I am not sure why we do that from conceptual point.

Regards

Sandeepan

Former Member
0 Kudos
However i was wondering if the WF task WS78600015 required for the delivery adjustment part. If we configure the pick denial as shown in your screenshot above and donot assign the WF start id for the above task to the exception code will the system still not change the delivery qty in the ODO.

if you take a look in debug mode, you will see what after customaizing pick denal, system automaticly use exeption code PD01, PD02 when no bin left with this product.

Another doubt question with regard to the the screen shots above is what is the fundamental use of assigning the internal exception code to the exception code. I am not sure why we do that from conceptual point.

To use exeption codes by default for example in pick denal.

Message was edited by: Andrey Altabaev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrey,

I followed ur steps and its working great. One step which i missed out was linking the WF with the Event.

Regards

Sandeepan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome!!!

0 Kudos

Hi  Andrey ,

Regarding  the  WF  setting  to  trigger  the pick denial  ,  as  per your  last  screen shot

For task  WS78600015 change the processor to background or assign some.

How  to  set  to   background  processing  in workflow  builder  .  Please  see  below  the  screen  shot where   background  processing is  not active ( no greenlight).  Is this  because  of this, the  WF  for pick denial  is  not  triggered . Please  help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

I am using BIDP & BIDF. it is creating PI document and blocking bins, however it is not suggesting next bin to pick. I am using process code O003 , Warehouse difference, No adjustment and adjusting delivery with Difference Quantity.

Kindly suggest.

0 Kudos

Hi!

Check that next bin have same activity area.

BR, Alex.

Answers (0)