cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not establish connection to server ... at port .. : Connection timed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I came across a strange issue wherein I am trying to log into SDM Remotegui.bat but it is not able to communicate to server and throwing below error:

ERROR: Could not establish connection to server 10.X.XXX.XXX at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect.

However I am able to telnet above server and port successfully.I have even uninstalled the antivirus and disabled the windows firewall.

Please suggest.

Thanks a lot..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your java engine up and running.

Are you able to access the portal?

Regards,

Sonia

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

did you opened SDM before?

SDM server can accept only one connection

so check it

try to restart the server

Check the J2EE_ADMIN password

Are you trying to deploy over a VPN connection There is a known issue with this and a fix is provided in Note 941150

Naor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I have been using SDM for deployment. Recently I tried to copy SDM into my laptop but when i run remote gui.bat, after entering password, it says

ERROR: Could not establish connection to server 10.X.XXX.XXX at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect.

But it runs into other laptop over VPN well ..

Is there any specific settings we should made to make connection as I am able to telnet the server -port successfully but SDM is not working.

My system is Windows 7.

Thanks .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Yes, java server is up and portal is working fine

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you connect to SDM over VPN, SAP Note "941150 - Cannot deploy via VPN using SDM Remote GUI Client or NWDS" could help.

Naor