cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Groups and Target systems in SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a slight problem here. I have created a group called D_t_I and associated all the business systems in the SLD with this. Whn I go to the business system to add the target, not only do I not get the option to add teh group I have created, but the empty groups that are there will not allow me to select any systems. I have one SLD being used by a Sandpit, Development and Test system. There will be a separate Standalone SLD for use by all Production systems. Please can you tell me where I am going wrong. I am following link

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maria

Its the associated integration server which decided which group the BS will belong to.

When you are creating a business system, it asks for the related integration server, choose the integration server of the group that you want.

When a group is created, you choose the integration server of that group.

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

Thank-you for that. I have created groups for business systems associated with each integration server in our landscape which makes it much less confusing. As a result when assign a target business system in the appropriate business system group (QA Integration Server Group) that target automatically receives the correct assignment for the source business system. Unfortunately, it has meant that all the transports have had to be recreated.

Regards Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maria

You just need to re transport.

Remember while transporting if you have clicked on " transport again".

You can retransport and it will happen acc to target groups.

Regards

Monika

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hey,

You can check the following SAP Note:

#1604679 - PI transport fails: "Obligatory transport target for business system not found"

it suggest the following links:

"Configure Groups and Transport Targets in the SLD"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/EN/48/ced18318d3424be10000000a421937/frameset.htm

"Configuring Business Systems in the SLD"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/EN/48/ced15018d3424be10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Please could you add more detail for steps 3 and 4. I only get a choice of systems if I associate an integration server with the group. In addition my DEV Business system automatically sets the QA business system as the source system on the transport mapping.