cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get "Services for Object".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SAP R/3 4.6C with SAP GUI 6.40.

I don't know much about "Services for Object". In fact, I just noticed the feature.

Some of our user do not see the feature even though they are on SAP R/3 4.6C with SAP GUI 6.40. While others see the feature but not all the time (ex. see in VA22 but not in ME22N)

Is the "Services for Object" some thing individual need to set in the user profile? Or in the SAP GUI or durring SAP GUI installation or is at via roles.

Thanks in advance.

Naing Zaw-Tun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

You can do it yourself without basis help. Follow the following steps.

From the VA22 go to System -> User Profile -> Own Data

You will reach a new screen. Select the 3rd view "Parameters"

Add one more line with Parameter ID as SD_SWU_ACTIVE and parameter value as "X". Save

Now when you go to any document with VA22. Services for Objects will appear to the left of "CHANGE Quotation xxxxx : OVERVIEW".

Award points if its is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Thanks for you response.

But I thought SD_SWU_ACTIVE was only for ECC 6.0. We are at 4.6C.

Also, the SD_SWU_ACTIVE parameter is not in my profile yet I have the "Service for Object"

Naing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niang,

You need to do what Rajesh has mentioned to activate service for object or else u will always get a message that it is not maintained.

reward points if it helps

regards

Biju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can "Services for Object" be activated for pricing condition records (VK12, VK13) as well? I do have the SD_SWU_ACTIVE = 'X' in my user parameters, but this seems to work only for VA02 and VA03. We are on ECC 5.0. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

jbenjamin1
Explorer
0 Kudos

I had never known about this feature and your steps were right on target. May I ask how you learned them? Thanks again for the help.

Answers (0)