Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why SAP MDM is better than other MDM's?

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Could anyone please tell what are the features that make SAP MDM best as compared to other MDM's( Oracle,IBM,Microsoft,Informatica) . It is really helpful if you provide the differences with respect to some parameters?

Any useful information will be rewarded.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even in the market SAP MDM is more opportunity to get jobs.

Regrads,

Surendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Kindly update/close the thread.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for replying to this thread. Actually i am looking for more generic differences on different parameters like cost of implementation, data model,data quality, market demand, integration etc.

As i have read about different MDM's also but i am unable to differentiate between these MDM's.i.e. why company's would opt for SAP MDM rather than others. What are those features that make SAP MDM ahead of their competitors.

Any such useful information will be rewarded.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have same question as you.

Furthermore, I would like to know the advantages of having MDM when there already is LSMW in ERP.

What is extra advantage of installing MDM?

You can always have BAPIs and LSMWs to address your customer needs. What is extra that MDM provides?

Please let me know in case you have found an answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

LSMW  you can use just for initial data loading to SAP ERP.

Moreover LSMW doesn't provide master data management  functionality(i mean  support master data creation business process, normalization, harmonization etc.).

If you need to create master data management center and integrate different systems each to another - LSMW doesn't help you, but you can use SAP MDM as master data management center and integrate it with another systems through SAP NW PI or SAP NW BODS or MDM API or MDM WS.

Mode of another systems just provide MDM metodology and development environment(frameworks) but not client applications for master data management like as Data Manager, Import Manager, Syndicator, Publisher and etc.

Regards

Kanstantsin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

When a company decides to go for a MDM solution it weighs its option depending on various parameters.

Some which I can think of are :

• Its landscape - A company that relies on a big ERP vendor to implement their core operational systems will most likely stick with the ERP vendor’s approach to MDM and only implement additional master data systems if they have a heterogeneous operational environment and the need to integrate data from more than one ERP system.

• Ease of implementation,Integration and scalability.This mostly depends on the landscape.

• Product Stack - SAP,IBM and Oracle score here.

• Business Requirement.If it is for core MDM hub architecture Informatica has a slight advantage.But if requirement is for governance,BPM,data warehousing solution SAP,IBM and Oracle score here.

• Licensing and cost.

SAP MDM in conjunction with Netweaver components,BPM and BOBJ does have some strong capabilities in their data services product suites like Data Integrator, Data Quality in synch with MDM services and is very close to complete solution.

Thanks,

Ravi