cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure CA Wily EM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed CA Wily EM on a 7.1 Solution Manager host and configured it. Now in another Solution Manager 7.1, how can I configure that already installed EM for this solution manager.

when I click on Import Existing Installation (in basic configuration), the path for Wily EM installation (already installed) is to be given but I can't see the diagnostic agent

I need to confirm whether do I HAVE to install CA Wily EM on Solution Manager / or I can use already installed EM on some other host.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understand you correctly, you have 2 solman 7.1, one with wily installed and you would like to connect the 2nd solman 7.1 to the 1st solman with wily installed?

If your 1st solman is used to monitor 2nd solman, you dont need 2 wily. What you need is configure the DAA agent for 2nd solman to connect to 1st solman, also deploy ISAGENT for the 2nd solman.

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

no .... I dont want to monitor the other solution manager.

It is entirely different.

my question was whether one installed wily can be used on multiple solmans.... seems like it cant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

also, i need to confirm ....... 

I have to deploy ISagent on managed system.

then register diag agent of managed system with solution manger.

right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes, you can use one wily for one solution manager system.

and deploy isagent in managed system, and register diagagent of managed system with solman

read this too http://scn.sap.com/thread/794199

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1729571

Thaks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

If you are using the EM Manager of managers concept this might be possible to use the EM from one Solman system to link it to EM of another system ( one Parent EM ) even with different systems landscape and SID.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Is it possible provide some screenshots showing this issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you must understood you should install wily only on Managing system, solution manager which you are going to use as central system to monitor all the other system in your landscape.

and more over wily can connect to only one solution manager system only.

if other solman system is one of your monitoring system, consider that also one of the managed system and install smd , and deploy isagent which send th data to the wily EM.

Thanks.

Jansi