cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 5 to 7 Upgrade Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently going from SRM 5 to SRM 7 upgrade. In SRM 5.0 we were using BBPSC01 (Shop on behalf of) for most of the user. SRM 7.0 we have configured the same using Operational Purchaser role in Portal but how ever we got question regarding the Refresh Button;

In SRM 5 there is refresh button along with Order, Hold & Check how ever in SRM 7.0 the Refresh button is not available. Is it something removed with SRM 7? The current user community at client location are used to Refresh button to keep the document information update and not to face time out per business policy.

Could anyone know about this Refresh button i can make it available through modification or adding Button?

Thank you

Ritesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

As Abdul mentioned,in the SHOP IN 4 STEPS screen,the REFRESH button is available after a cart is '

"ordered'.

Same applies if you are using the SHOP in 1 STEP screen(which has the SHOP ON BEHALF field) as shown below:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

The new SRM 7.0 has the option "Check" in the shopping Cart creation screen.

Once the shopping Cart is ordered it will have the option "Refresh" populated to have the latest status of the approval or PO created in the shopping Cart by using the Refresh option.

Ordered Cart

Abdul Rasheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ritesh,

IN SRM 7.0, you can find the refresh button on powl query. Once PO / SC is submitted, ou can see the details of PO/ SC in POWL query in main user login screen.

There will a refresh button at the top of of the query which will allow you to  refresh the query and shows the up to date info about the SC / PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krish,

Thank you for your quick response. I am aware of POWL refresh query. I was referring to Refresh button while creating Shopping cart like SRM 5 had.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

In standard SRM 7.0, refresh option is no more available in any transaction level.

Thanks,

Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Thank you again for your quick response, Do you know then how user who is entering multiple line item long shopping cart prevent time out with SRM 7?

Regards

Ritesh

ricardo_cavedini
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

Whenever you enter a line item in shopping cart and press enter or check button, validation will be

performed.

Check button has a similar behaviour as "refresh". It is used to keep the document updated.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ricardo for your response, So check button will also help extending server time out? I mean by that if server time out is 10 min per policy and user click Check button after 8 min, He/she time out will be extended 10 min further.

Best Regards

Ritesh

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Yes - pressing check will revalidate the session and provide a further period of time for processing.

Regards,

Jason