cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which diagrams are supported in SAP BO Mobile 4.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've got a question concerning the new Version SAP BusinessObjects Mobile 4.1.

We are running SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 SP2 with Patch 15 and SAP BO Mobile 4.1 on a Ipad of the first generation.

Every time we use the Ipad to open a WebI with a diagram that's not a pie chart we get the message "Content not supported" and the report is blank.

Is it correct that SAP BusinessObjects Mobile 4.1 only supports tables and pie charts?

Is there anything you have to pay attention to if you want to display a bar chart on the Ipad?

I'm thankful for every comment.

Regards,

Sebastian Maier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

We have been extensively working on Mobile BI to showcase to our customers and depending on their requests we have played around with all the Graphs and Images, trends, etc. Our findings are as follows:

1) Most importantly you need to have the latest app available in the App Store on your Mobile device since SAP is integrating a lot of canges with every release.

2) A Bar chart, Column chart, simple Pie chart with a single measure and dimension, Bar and line graph are all supported. Though the below link and the documents say that "Combination charts are supported", I havent found them compatible with the IPad We are on the latest patch SP4 in the process of upgrading to SP5 and the latest App on the IPad!

http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/businessobjects/blog/2012/09/21/what-is-new-in-businessobjects-m...

According to the configuration of your server, it should support a simple Column chart & Pie chart, Pls download the latest App and try!!! Good Luck

Regards,

Anupam Singh

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using  SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 SP05  with  SAP BusinessObjects Mobile BI 4.4  (iPad app) via HTML5 (rather than Flash), then the supported charts are:

• Column Chart
  • Bar Chart
  • Pie Chart
  • Line Chart
  • Combination Chart
  • Stacked Bar Chart
  • Stacked Column Chart
  • Gauge

- With the functional fit-gaps (for charting) that include  these 'unsupported types'

• Maps,
  • Radar,
  • Bubble,
  • XY,
  • Waterfall charts.

Please correct me if I am wrong!

Regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Anupam Singh:

In SAP Mobile BI app 4.4.18, combination chart is supported if you explicitly specify the region type as Bar/ Lines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Sounds wierd but, simple charts are supported, i mean you should use one measure in your chart. Pie chart, bar chart etc. are supported but, more than one measures charts for example stacked bar chart doesn't.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

as far as I know and according to the BO BI 4.0 Feature Pack 3 PAM PDF (page 5), BO Mobile 4.1 is only running with FP3.

Regards,

Lukas Baur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

thanks for your answer.

I'm a bit confused.

I found the following table:

Client Version

Server Version

Mobile BI 4.1.0

BI 4.0 SP02 Patch 13
BI 4.0. FP3 Patch 1
XI 3.1 Fix Pack 5.1 (Scheduled for June)
Note – Client 4.1.0 will behave with Client 4.0.3 features when connecting to the Mobile BI 4.0.3 server levels below

Mobile BI 4.0.3

BI 4.0 SP02 Patch 2
XI 3.1 SP4
XI 3.1 SP5

using the following link

http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/businessobjects/blog/2012/03/29/the-biggest-release-of-sap-busin...

That's why we installed patch 15 for our BI 4.0 SP02.

Is the information in this table wrong?

SAP BO Mobile 4.0.3 only supports pie charts?

Regards,

Sebastian Maier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

sorry for confusing you. Looks like I spread some false information.

Apparently you don't need FP3 to run BI 4.1, but you need 4.1 to use FP3.

I just started looking into this, going to install patch 15 by the end of next week.

Here is what I found regarding your question: "Note that not all chart types are supported in Mobile BI. The initial release of Mobile BI supports standard chart types including Bar, Pie, and Line charts."

Source: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0ea75ea-2150-2f10-79af-a544c76d8...

(bottom of page 15)

I bet there will be more types supported pretty soon. I'll let you know if I find some new information.

Regards

Lukas Baur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

thanks for your help and the link.

That's exactly the information I found as well.

The strange thing is that we just created a new WebI with nothing more than a line chart in it as well as a report with a bar chart and they are both not displayed on the Ipad (Content not supported).

We didn't use any Formulas or anything but we can only display a pie chart on the Ipad.

Best Regards

Sebastian Maier