cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Enhancing ABAP Proxy interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are enhancing standard interfaces as per our customer's requirement. I followed the process as mentioned in the below link by SAP.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0bb5687-00b2-2a10-ed8f-c9af69942...

However, we are in a strange situation now with a standard interface. This is an O/B ABAP proxy interface comes to PI. In the SAP delivered content This interface has already got an enhancement, now we have to enhance it further. I have created a custom SWCV and namespace with both the original SWCVs as dependents. If I create a Data Type Enhancement it is not getting reflected in the Repository but in the Source system SPROXY we can enhance it without any issues.Problem is we can not see the enhancement in the message type in ESR. We need to use those field in mapping. Please check and let me have your advise how to proceed.

Thank you.

Regards,

Lakshman V.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is solved by createing two identical Data Type Enhancements in two SWCVs. One is at the Standard SWCV and the other one is at the Custom SWCV. Ensure to maintain the same XML namespace in both the DTEs. It will solve the problem.

Thank you.

Lakshman V.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a closer look at page 5 of the SAP document you provided a link to. Are you sure you performed all the steps mentioned? I believe you only enhanced the structure on the backend side, while you should perform some steps in PI ESR as well.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

I performed all the required actions at ESR first. I have created a data type enhancement in a custom SWCV - Namespace. Have perfomed the necessary things in the SLD as well. still, I can not see my new fields in the message interface in ESR, but I can see them in ECC SPROXY.

Please advice.

Thank you.

Lakshman V.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, since you say you copied the interface to a custom SWC and Namespace - make sure that your copied service interface references the right message type (the copied & enhanced one, instead of the original).

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

I ensured to copy the interface references into the custom SWCV. As I mentioned, I could see the expected message structure in ECC SPROXY but not in PI ESR.

Thank you.

Lakshman V.