cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems binding context attributes to layout attributes

0 Kudos

Hi!

I have created a node in the context  of the view. The node is referring to a Ddic structure and all the attributes are added to the node.

But when binding the layout fields to this node, only some of them are hightlighted and open for selection. I first added a couple of the attributes of the structure and after a while I added the rest. It's the rest of the attributes that are not open for selection upon binding of attributes.

How do I update the context? Thank you and regards Lena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you mean do you wanna remove those attributes which are non-selectable? if yes, click on node.. and look on to properties and remove the dictionary binding.. and then you will be able to remove attributes which you dont want.

then, you can create new attributes which you want also.

if this is not your query, provide clear clarification.

0 Kudos

No, I would like to bind these new context attributes to the fields in the layout (visible and text properities), but when trying to bind the context attribute with the layout attribute, the context attributes are not highlighted in the list, only a few of them (the one I created in the first run). So it seems that I have to update, refresh somewhere.  And it doesn´t help to remove the context node and create it again, it still gives the same error, some of them are not selectable. regards Lena

farooq_basha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lena,

If u have created NODE/ATRRIBUTES in component Controller the right click on corresponding node and click on update node. If u r mapping to any of the VIEW in the component then do the same that is right click on mapped node and click on update node.

Now do binding for layout UI properities.

Regards,

Farooq

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok,

so, here DATA TYPE of ATTRIBUTE is taking place. As you said Text & Visibility like bindings you are performing.

so, for Text the data type of attribute can be NUMC, CHAR, STRING etc...

but for Visibility binding the data type WDUI_VISIBILITY or CHAR1 then only the attribute will be appear on Context when you try for binding.

please check the same.

Answers (0)