cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect determination of purchasing Groups in Shopping Cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SRM 7.01, classic scenario.

The determination of applicable Purchasing Group is not according to standard SRM.

Scenario

We have for example the following org. structure.

-->Company code 1010

-->Plant FPPE

-->Purchaser 1

-->Plant FPCM

-->P. Org

-->Purch. Group B01 (responsible FPPE)

-->Purch. Group B02 (responsible FP)

Requester 1 hangs under Organizational Unit Plant FPPE which is under company code 1010.

Organizational Unit Plant FPCM is also added in the attributes of Requester 1, meaning he can also request for this plant. 

FCPM is also under company code 1010.

Purchasing group B01 is responsible for plant FPPE and Purchasing group B02 is responsible for plant FPCM.

Both Purchasing groups B01 and B02 are under Purchasing  Org 1 which is under company code 1010.

Issue

When requester 1 creates a shopping cart for Plant FCPM, The system picks Purchasing Group B01 (which is responsible for the plant of the user, FPPE) instead of Purchasing Group B02 (which is responsible for plant FPCM).

Purchasing Group B02 is not even in the drop down for selction.

Even when we make Plant FPCM the default plant of Requester 1, the results is still the same.

Query

Is this the normal behavior of SRM?

I know there is a possibility to apply BADIs to determine the Purchasing Group.

But this should not be necessary as this should be the normal behavior, No?

Please let me know if you have more knowledge about this.

Many Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Kwame Prempeh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

In standard it picks the org. unit assigned for the user and then determines the purchasing group from the assignment.

In your case since the requester is assigned to Plant FPPE, so which ever purchasing group is linked to this plant, will show up in the purchasing group drop down.

Check the Responsibilty Tab ( Organizational Responsibilty) of the purchasing group. This is the linkage between your Purchasing group and Plant.

Technically, SRM uses FM BBP_OM_DETERMINE_RESP_PGRP to get the purchasing group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Organizational responsibility of the Purchase Group will determines the Purchasing Group in the Shopping cart.    Assign the Company code org id in the responsibility tab of the Purchasing Group and Check again.

Best Regards

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Guys for your cotributions.

I undestand now that the standard behavior is that the system picks from the Purch Org of the user.

In my scenario above, at Plant level or company code level. I can either choose to assign the Purch. group B02 as responsible for FPPE or for company code 1010 to solve my issue.

if there are more than 2 plants involved, then I think responsibility assignment on Plant level is desireble. That is if you don't want a Purch Group to be responsible for all of your plants.

Kind regards

Kwame