cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOV headers displaying BW technical names:Web i report on BICS IDT conn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a web i report using BICS IDT connection on a bex query.

Now on the prompt screen , if have 4 prompts like Curreny , now on the LOV header we are seeing BW technical names being displayed .Like For Currency it is 0P_CURR.Is there a way we can replace it with more friendly terms like Currency .The report uses hierarchy so it has to be on IDT connection and not on UDT.

This started happening when we moved to the BO Patch 2.12 , on the older version , there was no LOV header.

Thanks

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We checked with SAP on this and they communicated that it is working as designed and this may be addressed in later versions of BO, we will check this again when we have the newer version which fixes this one.

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the language in your connection and you local settings. If your local settings of your computer and your BI Launch pad are in different from your connection language this happens.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a strange .. I've not seen/heard this one before, and it's certainly not happening on my Patch2.15 machine.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's like below , BW technical name above and values below

1)

0P_Currency

Dollar

Pound

Euro

2)

ZMTMS_0COMP_CODE

US

UK

As it is on BICS IDT connection , i am not seeing any option where i can edit the name (in UDT we can edit it).Any idea on this?

Regards,

Rahul

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try a later build. Patch2.16 is out this week . any difference?

And try between the 2 viewer modes (DHTML 'web view' mode and JAVA 'rich internet' mode)  - any difference?   How about Rich Client Desktop application?

Try using different SAP logon languages in the olap connection string.  EN , DE ,  FR etc

to align with the installed SAP languages in the BW. (or especially, the translated text tables)

Regards,

H

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Also, How about in the bex query designer?   is the characteristic property 'use standard text' (i.e. default techname)

regards,

H