cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS - Link Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm really lost with KPro, Archive Link and so on.

We have a server where is running SAP and another one where we store files.

If I create the document using CV01N transaction everything works perfect as I can leave the field "Data Carrier" empty so the storage category remains empty. So,as far as I know, is as we saved just the path where the file is stored, correct?

But if I create the document from an other environment as for exemple CJ20N I have the storage category SAP-SYSTEM by default which think I should no be using as we do not want to have the files in the same server where is SAP.

What we want is just to link the documents in different objects (an maybe be able of work with versions).

We are using a copy of the standard document type DRW in our sandbox system.

Any hint of how to focus this issues?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Milo,

the term SAP-SYSTEM inidcates for me that this used document type has not set the flag 'Use KPRO' in customizing transaction DC10.

Further if you create a document info record (DIR) from object side (e.g. CJ20N) there are two methods like "Creation by transaction" or "Simple Creation". This could be defined in the customizing of the document type as well (see transaction DC10).  Go to transaction DC10 and mark a document type where the necessary object is linked under 'Define object links'. Choose the right object and display its details by double-click. Then you will see the field 'Create document' where

you have to enter a value '1' (using transaction) or '2' (simple creation).

Personally I would recommend you to use value '1' because the simple creation does not allow you to determine all the available values which are normally there in CV01N.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph,

You are right, I did not set the flag "Use KPro" as I though I didn't need it.

Now I've tested the option '2' Using Transaction and it seems a good workaround.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could we create some sort of Storage Category which won't copy or transfer the original file to nowhere? We just one to keep them where they are.

If anyobdy believes it's possible, could you give some advice of how we could accomplish this requierement?

Regards

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Milo,

from my side the only way to avoid this is to leave these original files checked out. Then the system will not put them to the SAP server and if you display them the system tries to access the file in the 'origin' directory.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

It seems a really good option, but one I create a document from EasyDocument I'm prompted to choose for a Storage Location (SAP-SYSTEM), I can not avoid it and it is doing the check in automatically I do not know how to avoid the check in.

Regards

Answers (0)