cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BASIS Certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having 12 months hands on in SAP Basis , Now I am looking forward to do my certification

Could any tell me ways to do certification

Fee

any other additional requirements if required.

Thanks in advance,

Phaneendra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii evryone..!

my name is sandeep from hyderbad and i have finished my sap basis training and am good.i am very much intrested to take certification can u people pls shae the information regarding this.

i dont have nay experience but i was trained in sap basis.

what type of exam i should take i mean level associte etc..,

i feel vry happy ..i any one suggest me the information .

thnk you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP provides some excellent training on how to find the correct certification course at https://educops.sap.com/demohub/demo/taprep/launch.htm. At that link you'll find

Part 1 - Introduction, Which Exam is Right for You
Part 2 - Certification Finder
Part 3 - Exam Contents in Detail
Part 4 - Define Your Learning Gaps
Part 5 - Supplemental Materials
Part 6 - Study Tips
Part 7 - Frequently Asked Questions

If you're in Asia Pacific, you'll need to take a full set of training classes from one of the Authorized Training Partners in order to sit for the exam unless you have 2 full implementations and an authorized implementation partner to sponsor you.

If you're anywhere else in the world, then you can just register for the exam through an authorized test center (PearsonVue in the US and maybe elsewhere) and take it at your convenience. The certification questions are taken from the class material, so, while not impossible, it is strongly recommended that you take official SAP classes from somewhere and study the class material thoroughly (3 times or more all the way through) before sitting for the exam.

No matter where you are, if you're interested in taking training from SAP itself, check the main SAP Training site,http://www.sap.com/training-and-education/index.epx.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

firstly thanks for your information.

I'm from Asia Pacific, Though I have hands on in SAP BASIS I am completely into support activities I do not have end to end implementation experience.

1.Is it mandatory to take  training program from SAP partners to give certification exam?

2. Should I need to approach my management to sponsor me else is there any other way?

Thanks in advance for taking your time.

Regards,

Phaneendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phaneendra,

1.Is it mandatory to take  training program from SAP partners to give certification exam?

• In most of Asia Pacific, my understanding is that training from Authorized Training Center or 2 end to end implementations and sponsorship from Authorized Implementation Partner (Accenture or the like) is required, but I can't confirm this. I recommend that you call the appropriate SAP Education coordinator for your country (http://www.sap.com/training-and-education/visit-country-sites.epx) Don't stop until you speak to someone directly. I've heard it can sometimes be difficult to find the right person, depending on the country. After you speak to someone, please come back to this discussion and update us. There are many who will benefit!
  • The information from the Authorized Training Centers that I've checked does back this up (example, not an endorsement, just an example), but it could be that some of that language is their own policy and not SAP's. I would think customers should be able to sponsor their own employees, but that doesn't seem to be allowable at least under this particular example.
  • Last year at SAP TechEd Bangalore, SAP allowed anyone who wanted to sit for the exam pay the conference fee plus the certification exam fee and sit of for the exam. I don't know if they plan to do that again this year. Read through the requirements on that site. if they're going to do it again, I imagine the requirements would be the same.

2. Should I need to approach my management to sponsor me else is there any other way?

• You might want to ask your management to send you to class. You might be surprised. Check your companies policy on reimbursable education expenses. May US companies have a standard policy to reimburse employees for qualified education expenses. All you have to do is fill out the paperwork and get it approved. Hopefully it's the same where you work.
  • You could always hop a flight to a country that will let anyone sit for the exam for the cost of the exam fee. (United States, most of Europe, and Australia, to name a few). Pearson Vue is SAP's authorized testing partner.
  • You might check with Pearson Vue in your country. Perhaps they have the same policy? If they do... PLEASE update this post. That will be welcome news to many folks in Asia Pacific.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the UK, it is not a requirement to have taken a SAP-authorised training course before taking any exams.  Every Thursday morning a classroom is open for exams in any and all disciplines.  For example, I recently took the OS/DB migration exam but alongside me was a colleague taking the ABAP exam.  Other people were taking the HANA exam, etc.   All that is required is that you pay for the exam at £300 +TAX per exam.

Hope that helps,

Graham

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is the reason India is different from UK.

The rules /  policies are different, you do not see the same rules and privileges in India.

Many Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I heard that TechED will take place every year, Will there be any possibility for me to take certification through TechED?

Regards,

Phaneendra.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

You can appear for certification through TechEd. However, in India, there are still certain rules to be fulfilled like implementation experience etc. You need to contact local SAP Education Team to understand your eligibility.

Please do not be surprised after making payment they may tell you new rules for eligibility.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi.

Kindly guide me the way to contact Local SAP Education Team.

I live in Hyderabad- India.

Regards,

Phani.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Contact details are in the following link:

http://www.sap.com/india/services/education/certification/index.epx

Regards,

Ravi

shashisingh
Participant
0 Kudos

After registration for sapteched .

To initiate the pre-qualification process, please send an e-mail to debarati.roy@sap.com as per the instructions below. 

• Subject line should read : SAP TechEd'12 Bangalore - Pre-qualification details for exam <<exam code>    
  • Insert a detailed profile elaborating on the eligibility criteria required to pass the pre-qualification as per the attached template.

Include supporting comments if any. (In case you are appearing for re-certification or if you are appearing for certification after completing the relevant course) 

• Please note that while your profile is being reviewed you have to submit proofs to validate the credentials mentioned in your profile.
  • You can expect a response on your profile within two working days of receiving the same by the SAP Education team.
  • Last date to receive profiles for evaluation is 4th of November 2012

If you pass the pre-qualification process, you will receive a confirmation and further instructions on the documents that needs to be submitted for certification registration at TechEd’12.   Venue and timing for certification at SAP TechEd'12 Bangalore will be notified via mail on the 26th of November 2012

Thanks,

Shashi

former_member205110
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phaneendra

You could take the Assocaite level Exam for SAP Netweaver 7.0. You can find below the details of this exam :

https://training3.sap.com/us/en/certification/c_tadm51_702-sap-certified-technology-associate-system...

&

https://training3.sap.com/us/en/certification/c_tadm51_70-sap-certified-technology-associate-system-...

The first one on the top is the latest exam.

You can schedule the exam through Pearson VUE online. Just check you local listings.

The fee for Associate Level is US 400$

Good Luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Thanks for your valuable information.

This info helping me a lot to plan further activities, I'm taking liberty to tell you that I would revert back surely if I have any thing in dark.

Regards,

Phaneendra.