SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period control - time portion calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have question regarding period control in billing.

There is a procedure for a period control - Monthly based calculation using interval.

I have a scenario where billing is done from 30.05.2011 till 31.12.2012 - 581 days.

due to price change on 31.12.2011 , it is split into 2 line items -

1. 1. 30.05.2011 - 31.12.2011 - 216 days
  2. 2. 01.01.2012 - 31.12.2012 - 365 days.

For  both line items period control and calculation procedure is also same - monthly based using interval.

There is no movein/moveout in /  at end of this period.

Now ,for first line item , the time portion calculated is zero and for second one it is calcualted correctly as 12 months.

Why is it so ?

As per my knowledge it is based on interval in the portion for this procedure.

In portion the interval for month related billing is such that lower limit is 295 and upper limit is 420 days.

Is calculation  of time portion dependent on these limits ?

What other factors in TE432 table are responsible for this ?

Thanks in advance ,

Nachiket

1 REPLY 1

0 Kudos

If the Billing period ( 581 in your case ) is outside the limits defined in the Portion for monthly based period the Billing happens to the day means the actual # of days are taken into consideration. If during this the price changes than the proration occurs as is happening in your case . In case of proration the time periods are simply calculated as the ratio ( of days ) at current price to the total # of days . This value can not be 0 if you have a finite # of days consumption available. The Fact that you are getting the time portion as zero for first prorated period as 0 is strange and you need to check if your configuration for time period is proper , and also try to investigate the values at the billing document level.