Workflow doesn't trigger from portal in travel WD Abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're using EHP4 travel WD Abap from portal:

- Fite_request

- Fitp_planning

- Fite_expenses

They seem to work ok, but when we choose 'Save and send for approval' button, worklow is not trigged.

From R/3 workflow is trigged properly.

Please, could you help me in finding out why WF is not trigged from portal?

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi August,

in EHP4, Travel Management is by default using POWL, not Workflow. That's why the workflows are set inactive, Screen:

As long as they are set inactive, they will not "listen" to the eventing of BUS2089. Go to TA SWDD, set them active and it should work/trigger.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lukas,

Which is the transaction of the image that you sent? It's not SWDD, isn't?

In SWDD, WS99900034 is active but workflow doesn't trigger..

Thank you,

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi August,

it is SWDD. I took template WS20000040 for this example. You have to navigate into the event in the graphic modell; screen:

then in the tab "starting events" you should see the screen I posted earlier.

To see whether it theoretically works after activation, you can go to TA SWE2 and check whether there are entries for the events/Business Objects/Workflows you created.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Lukas!

Thank you&Regards

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Haha, that's cool. You assigned "correct answer" to yourself in the last post, how did you accomplish this?! 😄

By the way, does it work now for you? If yes, what was the issue? It's always interesting what was the cause of the issue, also for others who might have similar problems and stumble upon this thread while searching.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lukas,

I'm sorry.. is not answered because I didn't remember to point that the workflow is not standard.

What I did before, it was to activate standard WF and triggered ok from portal.

But, please, do you know how can I do to trigger non standard WF from portal WD?

Thank you&Regards

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah, I see. I wagered this would be the issue when you said it still doesn't work 😉

Actually, All you have to do, is enter BUS2089 into the Start-Event requirement of your custom-workflow, so it looks like the screenshot I posted earlier. Which event you have to use (CREATED, REQUESTCREATED, etc.) depends on what you want to do with the workflow. The possible events can be seen in documentation of BUS2089. Then again, you have to "activate" this event so that grey diamond-thingy from my first screenshot turns green. By doing this there should automatically be created an entry in SWE2 (check it, then).

That's all you need to do to make it work 😉

Cheers, Lukas

marcos_suarezhulet
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Due company requierement, the workflow should be triggered when event REQUESTAPPROVED is created.

That is perflecty customized and works fine if the event is triggered manually from SWUE or from t-code TRIP, so I discard this is a WF problem.

The issue in this case is within the webdynpro. There, after clicking in the button "Save and send for approval" that event is not created then the WF is not triggered.

So, I think there's something missing in FI-TV module customizing to do possible the creation of that event after the action described.

Regards, Marcos

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you create a workflow that is supposed to be triggered when REQUESTAPPROVED of BUS2089 is fired.. then why do you expect the workflow to trigger when you SEND a new travel request / expense sheet? This doesn't remotely make sense from a mere functional point of view because creating a new expense / request is invoking CREATED or REQUESTCREATED. Your workflow will listen to an event which is never invoked.

Debug Include FITP_WORKFLOW of Report SAPMP56T, then you'll understand.

Cheers, Lukas

marcos_suarezhulet
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you're completely right. That doesn't have any sense.

Thank you for your help, I'll be looking for another solution.