cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we create two business system for same client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a performance review going on for our PI system. And it has one of the suggestions

Which says all interfaces are pointed to same BS system which is leading to unwanted correlation for file adapters.

1) Can we create multiple BS for the same TS(My system has only one client)?

2) If 1 point can be done.. Will this improve anything on performance?

Comments please

TIA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

According to my knowledge we can not create two BS for Same Client for one technical System.

Business system uniquely identify by:  CLNT+TS

Regards

Gagandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Can we create multiple BS for the same TS(My system has only one client)? - For one client of one TS, only one BS can be created. So multiple BS cannot be created for one client of one TS.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kiran,

As far as i know it isn't possible, because the business system describes the semantics of a system (or a client in an SAP system). The PI couldnt difference between two business system pointing to the same client SAP system when for example needed to import metadata information.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.. But will PI use diff resource allocation for each BS? So that using multiple BS will improve the perofrmance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,
  >>>will PI use diff resource allocation for each BS?

To my knowledge NO..

Cheers

Agasthuri

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kiran,

But will PI use diff resource allocation for each BS? So that using multiple BS will improve the perofrmance?

If you had multiple clients and in this case you could have multiple BS this doesn't improve the performance because in the runtime the BS doesn't affect to the queues that deal with the inbound/outbound messages, although in the SXMS_IECONF transaction you could configure EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL parameter depending of the receiver, i never change this parameter but the SAP documentation says that could depend of the "receiver", and i dont know how you could determine a resceiver without BS or BC. Summing up, in my opinion increase the number of BS don't improve the PI performance directly.

Regards.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You have not explained what kind of scenarios you are having in your PI system.

Alternatively this can also be achived by adding party information in the instead of creating new BS. Since you mentioned correlation, I assume u are using BPM's. In the Integrtaion directory you can add BPM's with party information and reconfigure the scenarios. Scenarios will run in integrtaion server with different party information separetely and problem of correlation can be avoided.

Regards

Anupam

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is not possible and creating mutiple bussiness systems never improve performance, if you want to improve perfromance then check below points

1)Sizing of PI should be done as per expected load, better to check one more time of your system hard ware .

2)Betetr to add one app server to your existing PI system.

3)Consider adding one more adapter engine.

4)Increase table space .

5)Implement best practises to achive/deletion process.

6)PI interfaces point of view implement best design stadards.

Regards,

R aj