cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'MDO Data Source' field in System Mgmt -> System Properties not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i'm trying to configure MDO on my MII 12.2.3 system. I am following the instructions given on http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii122sp03/helpdata/en/4c/f4146f9bcd7181e10000000a15822d/content.htm

I have set up an custom JDBC data source. However, when - in MII - i go to System management -> System Properties i have no 'MDO Data Source' field where i could enter the data source. Am i missing something? Any help is appreciated!

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

with SP3 of MII 12.2 they change a lot on the MDO. Please take a look into the SAP NOTE below.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1663276

It looks like that the documentation has not been updated.

BR

Pedro Iglesias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

thanks for your answer and the link to the SAP Note. You save me from further searching for this field in MII. 😉

However, i still don't know where i should configure MDOs!? Or is there no longer any configuration necessary?

When i try to create a new MDO in Workbench under "Objects" --> <Projectname> --> "MIIOBJ", i receive the following error: "Files of this type cannot be created in the Workbench, just imported and deleted."

When i import the "Examples 12.2 Project" from sdn which includes sample MDOs, i get the error message "Cache creation for some MDOs is failed. Please check the logs and correct MDO definition".

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can provide some additional findings: the error "Files of this type cannot be created in the Workbench, just imported and deleted." when creating MDOs in Workbench was related to the language setting of Java RE. Originally, the Workbench UI was displayed in german. After switching the language to english, the error is gone.

However, i still have an error in my configuration, because when i try to save a new MDO, i receive the "Cache creation for some MDOs is failed" error. Any hints on that?

Kind regards,

Stefan

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Can you check whether the MDOConnector in the Data servers screen is in 'Enabled' state?

Or it could be that the external data source configured is not running.

Thanks,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

yes, MDOConnector is enabled.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

what do you see in the Netweaver Logs, when you save the new MDO. Please provide this

informations.

BR

Pedro Iglesias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find below a screenshot of the NetWeaver Logs.

Details:

Exception of type com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException caught: The SQL statement "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM "MDO890"" contains the semantics error[s]: - 1:22 - the table or view >>MDO890<< does not exist

com.sap.xmii.mdo.core.MDORuntimeException: Gecachtes MDO-Dataset konnte nicht angelegt werden

If you need further information, please tell me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to give you some follow up information. The problem was the we were using 12.2 SP3 Build 159 (i.e. without patches). However, as stated in SAP Note 1668546, there is a problem with MDO in conjunction with Oracle databases: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1668546

After installing the latest patch 07 (build 179), the system is fully functional.

Special thanks to Pedro Iglesias who has found the cause!

Answers (0)