cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duet : updating/ inserting into infotypes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to create a new entry in infotype 2001 for absences.

The FM is being called indirectly from sharepoint through a web service.

I have performed ENQUEUE ,DEQUEUE before  and after calling the HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION FM.

The FM executes fine, without any error messages.

But no data is created. Everything works fine when tested from sap itself.It fails only when calling from sharepoint.

i have already tried commit work and bapi_transaction_Commit. Doesnt help.

If i use an insert command it works fine. But i cannot use a direct insert on infotype.

Is there any limitation when calling from external webservice?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have also a similar post in the ABAP Development forum (http://scn.sap.com/thread/3147105) which I think is a better fit for this type of question.

Have you tried to set external breakpoint(s) when calling from SharePoint? I'm wondering if there are any errors but not being captured/logged correctly.

Anh-Tuan Nguyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anh.

Yes i had posted it there also. I didnt really get a solution.

I amnt sure if this is a duet specific error or something related to database updation.

I have debugged it from shartepoint. There are no errors received. The Bapis return table show no errors.

The RFcs work just fine.

it just doesnt update the infotype .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem has been resolved by providing the user required authorizations in backend system.

The reason it failed from SP was because the mapped user didnt have authorizations on backend system.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Very thoughtful of you to update this post how you managed to resolve the issue. It's appreciated!

Regards,

Anh-Tuan