cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue on smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

I need to print amount in the format of $5000 but its getting printed as $     5000.

To avoid this i also used compress spaces in a variable &var(c)& but its getting triggered only inside table main area.

if we use these statement in other window or footer or header of table its giving the error 'formatting option "(c)"'

Please advise.Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Define  variable move amt value into this variable and use condense statement remove all space .

Display condense value as amount .

Regards,

yukti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try with Condense Statement.

Regards

Ajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ajit,

Condense statment will work only for single variable right..

Regards,

ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Declare a temp variable (Int or Char) to hold the value of the amount which can be sent to your SAP Script instead of passing standard field value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shambu,

If we declare in char variable and pass that amount in char variable for the case of 10,000.00 that will print like 100000.00 so we wont get comma in that amount variable

former_member214878
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

First of all this is very simple question and has so many answer to solve it.

I would recommend to you to just concentrate on the variable behaviour rather than how its getting printed on the smart form.

Okay, I will give u a hint and then answer Lets see how u goes ....

You need to know the basic difference between "Equals to" / "Write" / and "Move" statement. Have a look on that ........ this is a hint .........

And answer to your problem is, while assigning to String variable use "WRITE" statement insted of direct "=".

Cheers

Thanks and Regards,

Ravindra Sonar

former_member214878
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

my above answer corresponds to only for preserving comma (",") while assigning an interger to a string variable. Condense thing you will need to decide on your own...

just sending to avoid confusion.

cheers

regards,

Ravindra Sonar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

I believe the problem is very simple.we are near to that solution. I will explain clearly.

I got problem as below

$   5000.00

$    200.00

my requirement $5000.00

$200.00

so i use script control command &var(c)&

then i got exact output what i needed. But when i am printing in footet of the table while printing in subtotal i couldn't use &var(c)& this syntax...

former_member214878
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

What did u mean? Your problem got solved or still the same error?

If the error is still there, please concentrate on Variable declaration, condense statement .... and you can later give a shot to Smartform printing attributes. ...

Smartform is dumb, he will print as u pass it. So redirect your focus on you Program line and variable which u want to print........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use WRITE statement to populate the character or string temp variable and display it in the footer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank a lot for all ... Issue solved

Regards,

Ramesh.