Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing Mobile app.

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I want to develop a mobile app which is supported by IOS devices,Andriod,Blackberry.I want to have backend as SAP and searching for a best user interactive,above mentioned device support frontend platform.Any ideas?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

js2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

A few areas where you can read up on below; but really your question is so broad we could fill several books with detailed answers.

- for support of multiple devices you can look at a framework such as jQueryMobile to get you started. Simply google it as there is allot of information and tutorials available.  jQueryMobile is very popular (even being used by sap) and seems to support a large number of devices. Its an HTML5/Javascript based framework but these apps can be made standalone as well - ie a separate app and not run in the devices browser.

- to access the sap backend you could use an ICF service (possible with the ADL framework available on Code Exchange) which would allow a ReSTful connection to the backend.

- there is of course the SAP solution which uses SUP (SAP Mobile) and Gateway. You can use the Hybrid Web Container in SUP and still develop your mobile app with jQueryMobile for example. Lots of licensing here though.  😉

- there are lots of other variables that we would need to know to give more details. Like - what sort of app: always connected; disconnected; type of user interface (you might need native code); what tools and experiences do you have available and so on.

Quite a bit just here for you to look into further... Post back if you have any more specific question and I/we will try to help.

Regards... Jason.

former_member194198
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I would cast another vote for JqueryMobile. The resulting web application works with most browsers including Macs, PCs and most mobile devices.

We've written a number of successful SAP based mobile apps integrated into the back-end.

check out www.jquerymobile.com.

The have a new page generator which makes it really easy to create new pages.

Cheers

Rich

0 Kudos

You could also look into Sencha Mobile (http://www.sencha.com/products/touch).  Basically you should be able to use anything that can consume a web service.