cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQVI Query between PRPS and VBAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to create a query in SQVI to get some data (e.g. sales document item, material, rate, etc...) from the sales document item associated with a WBS element. I am able to create a table join in SQVI between PRPS and VBAP and get the information. However, my projects have some billing and some non-billing WBS elements. Billing elements will be assigned to sales document items.

The issue I am having is that the query is only returning billing elements that are linked to sales document items, and ignoring WBS elements where the join does not return a linkage. It does make sense to some extent for me from a query standpoint, but I am wondering if there is a way to tell the system that just the PRPS information should be presented where there is no sales document linkage. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try a workaround using CN41 - Structural overview.

Use, Dynamic selection. Select : Master data for WBS > Billing element = X.

The system should present you with all Billing WBS elements  with & without sales documents attached.

"Include Hierarchy' may be excluded from DB profile to refine the report.

Hope this helps,

Sejo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sejo, thanks for reply.

Getting the list of WBS elements billing / non-billing is not an issue. CN43N gives that list, which is more user friendly than CN41. However, the issue is that the list should contain the WBS relationship to the sales document item where applicable.

Any further ideas?

venkateswarareddy_medam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

You can use the leftouter join.

This will resolves your problem.

How to use leftouterjoin:-

1)Goto SQVI and select your query and click on change icon.

2)Click on the Data Source(right side Last tab on BASIS mode)

3)Click on change join icon.

4) You will find the join on the another screen.Put the cursor on the link and press right click then you will get the leftouter join option

5) Go back and save.

6) execute your query then you will get the all the WBS elements.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat, thanks a lot for the response. What you are saying makes perfect sense that it should bring all the WBS elements, but the query is not bringing them for some reason.

I am combining info from PROJ, PRPS, VBAP, VBAK, JEST and TJ02T (last two for status). My requirement is to get all the projects that have a certain project profile, then get all the corresponding WBS elements and then get the sales document items that are linked to these WBS elements (where applicable, i.e., the WBS is a billing element).

Based on your suggestion, I have turned the join condition between PRPS and VBAP into a left outer join. Do I need to turn any other join into an outer join as well?