Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Article master data from MDM to SAP Retail

kyou_gu
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Expert,

In our scenario, Article master data will be exported by MDM SyndicatorServer and import to SAP Retail by XI. According to "MDM5.5 SP04 IT Scenario Configuration Guide", the application Attribute Import & Product Post Syndication uses the XML files to convert the syndication result into a structure that can be imported into SAP for Retail.

The problem is that the article master data should have to be transfer from MDM to Retail AUTOMATICALLY, but the application Attribute Import & Product Post Syndication is a Webdynpro application and need to convert the XML file MANUALLY. We need to investigate how to implement? Can anyone tell the details about the difference between the XML file exported from MDM Syndicator and the result converted by the application? Both of them are ARTMAS-like.

Best Regards,

Kyou Gu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kyou:

Without having seen any of the files or structures, I can comment that no matter what the format is, XI should be able to take the syn file directly from MDM and do the required transformations for SAP Retail.

This is exaclty what XI is for, and it can be done if not on real time, you can configure Syndicator to create files every 2 min for instance.

I hope this helps

Alejandro

kyou_gu
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

I agree with you and think XI should take syn file directly from MDM to SAP Retail. I am confused why MDM release the application "Attribute Import & Product Post Syndication" to convert the syn files to IDOC-XML files manually. We want to know the details about the conversion between the two kind of files. I will appreciate if any information provided.

Regards,

Kyou

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you build your map for exporting in the MDM Syndicator it can be used for either manual syndication or autmated syndication. You specify this in the MDM Console in the repository settings. There is a setting in:

MDM Console -> Repository Name -> Admin -> Ports

Look at the setting "Processing" and you can set that to automatic. Then in your map (in the MDM Syndicator) under the tab "Map Properties" check the setting "Suppress Unchanged Recods". Then once you start up (and configure) the Syndication Server it will automatically start pushing the data to XI everytime it gets changed. I wrote a few blogs on this process, you can check them out here:

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/11/27/mdm-syndication

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/12/20/xi-configuration-for-mdm-integration--sample-scenario

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2007/01/22/testing-and-monitoring-an-interface-between-mdm-xi

Keep in mind, the easiest route in XI is to just use the standard SAP delivered content for MDM. But make sure to set up your IDoc adapter and configure the communication channels to integrate as often as you would like.