cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong WIP DB connection after deployment of ME with customizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed SAP ME 6.0.3 today on my test server, but when I run the SAP ME Application I get the db connection against the WIP database

that I am using on my development machine where I created the installation package.

During the installation I chose the WIP and ODS connections against my Test server databases, but still it is using the connections of my development machine.

Can anyone please help me with this? I have tried finding a file somewhere on my test machine that is pointing to the wrong DB, but no lock so far.

Best Regards,

Johan Nordebrink

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Although I don't deal with SDK, here is the thing you can try.

As per SAP Note 1676549, before you start merging base with custom build, you need to have the original base installation. So, you need to check DB connections in SAPME.sca before and after the merge:

1. open SAPME.sca\DEPLOYARCHIVES\me.app.sda-6.0.3.x.sda\META-INF\data-sources.xml of the original base build and check the current settings;
  2. merge the builds;
  3. check the same data-sources.xml. If you have not provided the new DB credentails during Update, then I would expect the original ones to be used. If that's not the case, it could be a bug in SDK build system.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for not answering for a long time, but I've been busy with other stuff. Turned out that the /build/custom.properties file had the db reference against my development machine.

After fixing this it works okay.

Br,

Johan

Answers (0)