Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail server

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

What are the procedures for configuring mail server in SAP ECC6.0? Should we required our own mail server to configure it?We are using google domain for mail services?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathish,

To configure the mail server please follow the note Note 455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP

I am not sure how can you do google as the mail config because you need a default domain, Hostname and port to configure mailing in SAP.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jagadish,

Everything is configured, but still showing error while am sending the mail? My consultant told me that we needed our own server for this purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathish,

Yes, Mostly every client/customer/organisation will have their own exchange servers configured.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  jagadish

Ya..every company should have their OWN SMTP Server to send mails to internal or to the outside world(like to gmail or yahoo mail).

you better you get the details of your SMTP sever IP from your system admin ,maintain that IP and Port(25) in scot configuration.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a solution though.

SAP does not handle SMTP authentication using UID/pass so it requires that the SAP IP address is populated on the SMTP Relay Agent of your Mail Server.

As gmail required uid/pass you can bypass this by installing a third party SMTP relay agent in between SAP and gmail so it does the authentication for you.

I never used it before but i heard theres a few "freeware" SMTP relays around that you can try. I wouldn't go as far as recommending one.

Regards,

Juan

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Juan,

I configured SMTP relay agent, But still no working.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to give me more info..