cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting the Systems after the OS/DB Migration in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have completed the migration of DEV, QAS, PRD systems. Now I need to connect these systems to solution manager system. But in SMSY old systems are there with the same name like DEV, QAS, PRD.
Now If I want to add new migrated systems in the SMSY it says system is already there. So now I have two options
1) Either I need to delete existing systems (or)
2) Modify the existing systems to point new ip address and host names.
If I want to delete the existing systems first I need to delete the system assignments from logical components for those systems. But the logical components are getting used in CHARM, customer is saying he don’t want delete and reconfigure CHARM.
So I want to change existing systems the ipaddress and host name  and those are in disable mode.
I would like to request any one can help me how to proceed in this situation?

Thanks & Regards,
Ravikiran Ch

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of Solution Manager are you using? If its <=7.01, then you could manually update the details of the systems in the SMSY. There is an option 'Read System data Remote' in SMSY which should read the data from migrated systems.

If version is 7.1, then SLD comes into the picture which would be lot easier from updating perspective. Delete old systems in the SLD and register new ones. The LMDB and SMSY in SolMan will read data automatically.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Srikishan and Alex.

After performing the "Read System Data Remote" the data relected correctly. But After sometime say around 15 to 30 mins its is showing the old data.

This is SAP EHP1 Solution Manager 7.0.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravikiran Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like there is a periodic job which runs and updates the information in SMSY.

Also check in SMSY -> Product System -> SID -> Header Data as to what is the Data source of the system and which user last changed it. Check in tcode smsy_setup, what is the source for updating the SMSYHere if an SLD is selected as source, there you would need to delete the old systems in this SLD and register the new systems onto the SLD. Further on, the periodic job would read correct data from the SLD and update SMSY.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The data is reflecting correctly now.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravikiran Ch

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

change/adapt the existing RFC connections with the new/updated server IP address.

Then update your data via "Refresh" in SMSY.

Afterwards provide points pls...