cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with letter of credit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My Client has the requirement for export against Letter of Credit (LC) and I haven't worked on it before.The SAP version here is 4.6 i have maintained all config settings in IMG>Sales and Distribution>Foreign Trade/Customs>Documentary Payments for letter of credit. I have created an LC with TCODE: VX11N. After creating, i am checking it in Simulation TCODE.VXA7. There it is showing me few errors. Please check the screens below.

:

Below screens shows detailed error information about "Activities" mentioned above.

Screen 1: finanacial document number is shown: 24

Determine Plant Data: Plant doesnot exists. (Plant exists in Org Structure and is assigned to customer master. No option to assign it with Financial Document.)

Check deadlines: Warning status is appearing (which deadlines it is showing?)

Screen 2: Opening date: Opening date is after date of first confirmed schedule line (Agaisnt which Date, the opening date is being checked?)

LatestShipBillOfLad: Warning status is coming.

Check Business Data: Error Staus in Red (which data is being checked here?)

Terms of Payment: Warning status is coming.

Screen 3: Incoterms:Data is not consistent (I have maintained same incoterms in both customer and financial document).

Credit Status: B, Credit check was executed. Document not OK (I havent created any sales order yet)

If i ignore all these errors and assigns the FD to sales order then after saving the sales order, FD open values updates with the sales order value. But as soon as i create the delivery, FD open value resets (E.G. FD value = 50,000 USD. Sales document Value: 5000 USD then FD open value = 45,000 USD. But after delivery, FD Open value = 50,000 USD).

Kindly help as it needs to be done ASAP.

Text Removed

Thanks

Deepak Mehmi

Message was edited by: Lakshmipathi Ganesan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Any Update on this?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried in VX12N by maintaining the required fields wherever it is showing in RED in VXA7 ?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G.Lakshmipathi

I have filled all the available information which is there to fill while creating LC. After creation, when i simulated the document, it shows errors as mentioned in the query. I dont know why it is showing errors.

Kindly help.

Thanks

Deepak

P.S: I am doubtful weather SAP 4.6 supports LC processing or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have solved the first issue. with TCODE: VXA7, all the details for which the status is RED should be entered as input for simulation execution. Now the simulation status is green

But the problem is still coming after saving delivery. The system resets open value of LC after saving delivery.

(E.G. FD value = 50,000 USD. Sales document created with Value: 5000 USD then FD open value = 45,000 USD. But after delivery, FD Open value = 50,000 USD).

Kindly give any clues for this.

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Problem has been solved. I had selected the risk category for customer with lesser value due to which, sales order credit value was exceeding the customer credit limit which was bypassing Letter of credit value. After changing the risk catogory, credit value of customer increased. Hence Sales order credit limit is not exceeding customer credit limit and it is checking/updating credit value now.

Thanks for the help

Deepak.

Answers (0)