cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface scenario :: Use SAP-PI web service login ID to login SAP-ECC BAPI to fetch data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can below interface scenario possible, if yes please guide me?

SAP-PI-Webservice -> SAP-ECC -BAPI->SAP-PI-WebService

Now in above Login ID of SAP-PI-Webservice will be used in SAP-ECC –BAPI to fetch data.

For example we want to access HR data to users, so that user can fetch data from SAP-ECC based on there authorization set in SAP-ECC account. But they are logging into SAP-PI webservice from internet page/SAP-PI webdynpro page.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is very much possible. The SOAP -> BAPI synchronous scenario is a very standard one (still, consider using Proxy on the receiver side, for monitoring purposes) and you should find multiple how-to step by step guides on SDN.

Now, about the critical part  - getting the user id. The solution depends on how you want this implemented, and where the user id is placed in the sender message. A few options:

- by

- Taking user id from the SOAP call authorization header: UDF from this message

- SOAP message payload - no need for further complications, use it like any other field in the receiver message payload.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

If I understand rightly in your ask there are really two questions:

Can below interface scenario possible, if yes please guide me?

SAP-PI-Webservice -> SAP-ECC -BAPI->SAP-PI-WebService

....hey are logging into SAP-PI webservice from internet page/SAP-PI webdynpro page.

It seems that you have or you will have several webdynpros developed in the Java stack of SAP PI (i'd rather that they will be in SAP enterprise portal) and you want to call a RFC/BAPI from an ECC endpoint. This is possible because you could call a SOAP adapter (sender) even if the webdynpro and adapter are in the same machine (it doesn't look very polished but i ignore if there is another option) and later the PI calls the ECC RFC (finally we have a SOAP-RFC scenario described by Raja Sekhar above).

For example we want to access HR data to users, so that user can fetch data from SAP-ECC based on there authorization set in SAP-ECC account.

For me this is another question, and not an easy. You want to access from an external webdynpro of your ECC system with the same password. You could study http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/32/1c1041a0f6f16fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm to set up single sign-on in PI 7.1, to do a webservice in order to validate a pass and of course that must go encrypted, or replicatte the user/pass in the two systems, etc.

Regards

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have any user interface as a source system then use PI broker to integrate SAP ECC and fetch data.This case SOAP--->PI-->RFC/Proxy right idea to go.

in your case PI team had provided WSDL (Reuest structure) and may be the SOAP calls establishing call to PI.

Regards,

Raj