cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to extract "Business scenarios" and related "Business processes" for a given project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am totally new to SAP Solution Manager and I need to extract the hierarchy of "Business Scenarios" and all related "Business Processes" for a given project.  I have tried to do it with "SOLAR01", "SOLAR02" and "SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN" without any success.  I have also tried to look at all Function Modules (TCODE SE37) with transaction name matching pattern "SOLAR*GET*" which found 162 matches but I couldn't get to find one that did what I wanted to do.  My ultimate objective is to export the mentionned hierarchy from SOL MAN and import it into MS-Excel.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

José

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use transaction SOLAR_EVAL for this purpose.

select your project, you can also drill down any level of the hierarchy.

the output can then be stored in a local file(a spreadsheet).

Hope it helps.

Thanks ,

Subhashini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhashini,

I still can't get what I want... I may need extra help from you on this.  When I laucnh SOLAR_EVAL, I enter the name of my project but what do I need to check on other fields I need to fill to get my list of business scenarios na related business processes?  If I check the "Display Soltion", I get a list of "logical components" but this is not what I need... please help by telling me exactly what checkboxes / fields I need to use.  Thanks in advance.

José

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you need to go to SOLAR_EVAL, and in Analysis - Project - Business Blueprint - Assignments click on DOCUMENTATION. Then in the following screen, choose your project in the first field PROJECT and under Display Project Structure, select DISPLAY COMPLETELY. Then click on EXECUTE and it will generate XLS spreadsheet. It comes in kind of lame formatting, but yeah, you can format it yourself as you'd like.

And of course, before solar_eval, you have to have those processes prepared in SOLAR1 (if you need generic business scenarios structures, you can import them from Business Repository).

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

remember when you use solar_eval use the option

Display completely so that full structure is shown in the report for ur choosen project

hope it resolves

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

I can't see the option "Display completely" on my SOLAR_EVAL selection screen... is it normal?

José

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it wont be availabe on solar_eval but when you choose any report and go inside it

a selection screen will appear on this you have choose to

Display completely or restrict to no of results

so this will resolve ur prb

regards

prakhar