cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Point is not Defined for this Sales Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I created, defined, and assigned a shipping point 8888 to plant 8000.  Previously plant 8000 has been able to ship materials from similarly named shipping point 8000. Actually, it still can ship from shipping point 8000.  However, when I try to ship from 8888 I get the following error.  Please advise as to how I can resolve this issues.  In advance, thank you.  Please don't hesitate to ask me for any other information which can resovle this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is a screen capture of my sales document "zor" in transaction VOV8.  I have no block on that document type. (there are no other columns to the right of "block.")

Here is a screen shot of OVL2.  Please notice there is no block here either.

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please go to the details of ZOR and then find shipping tab.

In the Shipping tab please look as the attachment is .....

Is this is your order type has same like this or not ??

if not please do it like this.

Regards,

Sridhar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Solved:

In the Material Master, I had no Storage Condition selected.  So, by default, it would go to the next option which was Storage Condition 1.

So, in OVL2, I had to make sure I had 01 selected for SC. 

Now, my sales order works appropriately.

Sridhar,

Thank you so much for your time and assistance.  I really appreciate how you tooko the time to help me out.

Udai,

Thank you for the same.  I couldn't have resolved this issue wihtout your help.

Sincerely,

P. Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Sales document is maintained.

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VOV8 and for your Order type check in Shipping tab, if the shipping conditions is maintained or not, and maintain the same one which you have maintained in OVL2.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

I have the shipping point assigned to the plant.  Please see the attached Screen Shot

Gali,

When creating  sales order, I select the line, click on item conditions, then go to the shipping tab where I enter in the shipping point 8888 manually.  I still receive the error.  In my customer screen shot, I did change the condition to 03.  I inadvertently took the screen shot before I changed it from 01 to 03.  In short, that suggestion has been implemented.

I thank the both of you in advance.

P. Kaushal

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you tried this:

spro-logistics execution-shipping-basic shipping function-scheduling-delivery scheduling and transport scheduling-maintain scheduling by sales document type

here you check for your sales document what is the entry for delivery scheduling and transport scheduling is maintained and maintain accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar and Sujit,

Thank you for your help.  I went through and attempted to implement your suggestions and check my settings by using the information in your posts.  But, I still have had no luck.  So, here are my impressions, and please don't hesitate to ask me for information which could help solve this issue.

• The appropriate entries have been maintained in OVL2.  I have a Shipping Condition of 03, Loading Group 0001, Plant 8000 and Shipping Point 8888.  (Please see attached Screen Shot)
  • Where in the material master, under "sales general/plant" tab/view should I indicated shipping conditions?
    • Please see attached screen shot.
  • Yes, my plant entry is correct in OVL2.  I am working in plant 8000.  Plant 8000 has been indicated in the material master and in OVL2.
  • Finally, I receive the same error when creating a sales order.  Please see attached screen shot.
  • Also, when you say click "proceed," do you mean hit enter to pass through a particular screen?
    • If so, which specific screen should I click proceed in?
  • We are not using STO, we are using "simple" transfer orders.

Thanks,

P. Kaushal

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

Go to

SPRO-img-enterprise str-definiation-Logistrics execution-define copy delete check shipping point, in that screen do you able to see your shipping point 8888 ?

if it is there then again go to:

SPRO-img-enterprise str-assignemnts-logistics execution- assign shipping point to plant

check your assignments again, else assign it . because what I feel is shipping point is missing in defination or assignments.

I also suggest to go to:

spro-logistics execution-shipping-basic shipping function-scheduling-delivery scheduling and transport scheduling-maintain scheduling by sales document type

here you check for your sales document what is the entry for delivery scheduling and transport scheduling is maintained and maintain accordingly.

Please do come back with this check.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Shipping condition from sale document type is having priority than customer master shipping conditions. So you can check shipping condition triggered in sales document header shipping tab and check the shipping point assignement for that shipping condition.

And shipping condition in ship to party will have priority if SP and SH are different. Please check that also.

And your customer screen shot is showing as 01 shipping condition but assignment screenshot showing 03 shipping condition. Please check this also.

Gali..

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

You can see in OVL2 if all the entries are maintained for Shipping conditions, loading group and plant.

Shipping point is determined with the combination of :

Shipping conditions + Loading group + Plant = Proposed shipping point

Shipping conditions are taken from customer master, shipping tab check what you have there and what entry you are maintaining in OVL2

Loading group comes from material master - Sales general / plant and check what you have maintained and what is the entry you have in OVL2

Is your plant entry is right in OVL2 ?

Please also check by clicking the button Proceed, where it takes you, and then let me know where does this screen shot takes you.

I also like to know if you are doing STO, if it is so then you have to maintain entries for the "Define shipping data for Plnat".

Please revert back to me if you are doing STO, else where proceed is taking you, and I can certainly solve you problem.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paul,

Sridhar is right, just check Shipping point determination there manual shipping points option are there. so use that option hope its useful for you.

Thanks and Regards

Sujit