cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dis aggregation Logic calculation issue

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I facing a small issue with my disaggregation logic. I am using a disaggregation logic where my disaggregation is happening with respect to another KF.

Explanation of my Scenario:

1. I have two KF: Statistical Forecast and %Base Calculation

2. My %Base Calculation is calculated by a Macro. I pass a numeric value which is a % value and that numeric % value of statistical forecast is  my % Base Calculation. Like if I pass 40 as numeric value then % Base Calculation would be 40% of Stat Forecast KF.

3. We run the this Macro only on the Aggregated level. The Macro is working fine in Aggregate level but when we disaggregate then the issue starts.

We have used the logic of disaggregation as P: Disaggregation with respect to another KF which I have defined as Stats KF in the Planning Area.

Now when I disaggregate the Macro result, we are getting some big difference in values in disaggregated level.

Ex:

M 06.2012
Statistical Forecast Disaggregated%Base Manual Calculation disaggregated
367147% value of Stat KF at detail levelExpected ValueDifference
106432942-1
57241623-1
56241522-2

If you look into the above excel. Once after disaggregation: You see the value in the 2nd Column and Calculation done manually by me on expected value doesnt match. 1 and -1 are acceptable with respect to rounding off logic but with 3 and 2 value is of big difference which is not acceptable. All the disaggregation logic with respect KF is giving the same result.

Could anyone give an explanation on why this difference and why behavior or could anyone let me know if we need to raise an SAP Service Ticket for this issue. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

There is a gap between your expectation and the way disaggregation works. However, I appreciate the way you presented the issue with all the required data.

You wanted to apply a percentage at the aggregate level and expected the same percentage to be applied at the detailed level. Going by your own example, at the aggregate level, %Base Calculation = 40 * Statistical Forecast (147 = 40% * 367). For detailed level calculations, please refer the following table.

Stat. Forecast

A

% to be applied at detailed level

B

Expected %Base Calculation

(A * B/100)

Actual % used for disaggregation (based on Proportion

A/367 * 100)

1064042.4 (42)28.88 (29)
444017.6 (18)11.99 (12)
574022.8 (23)15.53 (16)
1044041.6 (42)28.34 (28)
564022.4 (22)15.26 (15)

Ignoring the time-based disaggregation and rounding effects, the system applies the proportions of Stat. Forecast to disaggregate the %Base Calculation as per your settings and the calculations match approximately.

Thanks,

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I had look into your explanation and I dont see the value matches the approx value as per your calculation also.

Your calculation and mine matches but if you look at my excel snapshot my Column 2 and Column 4,

and if you specific look at the second row:

As per the disaggregation calculation it should be 18 quantity but system is taking 15. There is value of 3 difference as per calculation. I think this is huge difference.

I dont know how the rounding of working also because as per the calculation the first row calculation should be 42.4 and rounding should take 42 but instead system is taking 43.

Could you explain on this? Difference of 1 or -1 is accpetable with respect to rounding factor but having 3 quantity as difference is kind of unaccpetable.

Kindly pls help.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Bhaskar

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Are there any other macros that run for these KFs either at aggregate or detailed level?

Thanks - Pawan

0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

No i feel but I am not sure whether I understood your question. Are you asking whether there is any other Macros which you uses these KF for calculation?

How would that affect the diaggregation? This Macro gets only executed when we pass the % value.

Your help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Bhaskar

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

I am just trying to see if there is some other way (apart from aggregation/disaggregation) in which the values of these KFs could be influenced?

Rounding and time-based disaggregation may be a culprit (as Rajesh also mentioned earlier), but difference of 3 from the expected value still looks a bit high. So I am also trying to think of other possible reasons.

Will it be possible for you to run your macro at the detailed level in Quality system, and then check if calculations look correct or not? May be the results could give some more pointers.

PS: I assume that the values in Stat KF were already existing at the time when your macro ran, and have not changed after that.

So, verifying that we are looking at the right values.

Thanks - Pawan

0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Thanks a lot for your efforts. I tried the Time Base Disagg with another KF and also normal Pro Data wise parameter but the same result is seen in my Planning Book.

I ran it in detail level and it worked fine. Dis aggregation is perfect.

Could you help me now? I cant run in detail level. Could you give some solution. I need solution with respect to disaggregation

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Bhaskar

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Please check the following links to understand how time-based disaggregation and rounding method works in SAP SCM. You will find all the required details described with examples.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/fe/80a934908685479f084e9621749a0a/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/26/53f1f3758211d398490000e8a49608/content.htm

If your objective is to use a keyed-in percentage at aggregate as well as detailed level (to determine %Base Calculation), it would be better to analyze your current macro implementation for an appropriate suggestion.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Answers (0)