cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP Encryption - FTPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where I will need to use FTPS or SFTPS with PGP encryption and Decryption.

Can you advise whether FTPS does have the PGP encryption facility.

Regards

Krish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use PGP encryption & decryption with SFTP. See the following links:

Release information by Piyush Gakhar,

Encryption example and Decryption example by

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the links.  Does it mean that using FTPS, there is no functionality for PGP.

Although we are in 7.11 SP05, it will take time for us to go with SP08.

So the only choice for us is to choose vendor. Does AEADAPTIVE provide SFTP with PGP encryption and decryption.

Regards

Krish

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think strongly that an SP upgrade is much better solution than buying the solution from a third party vendor

but if you choose to then you will get the functionality from AEADAPTIVE or Advantco.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

I do agree with you. But we need to devise a project plan for SP upgrade where we need to test critical interfaces.  We have limited time frame for this and thats the reason of going for third party.

Regards

Krish

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in that case go for either Advantco or Aedeptive solutions. Both offer very similar products.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a bit worried that none of these offers File Content Conversion facility.  I assume even SAP with its own SFTP adapter has not come with FCC.  Is it easy to do via the transformationbean.

Any examples?

Regards

Krish

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes. the messagetransforbean offers you all the features of the FCC you have in the File adapter. So i dont think that should be a problem at all.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note that the PGP module (if you are on PI 7.11 SP08 and above), can be used with SFTP, FTP, FTPS or any other protocols. You can refer my blogs on the topic referenced by Grzegorz Glowacki in his reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Did you notice that your link references this particular thread? No wonder Krish will be able to find the answer here . Also, please avoid re-posting previous speakers' answers, since we should all participate in (see point #3).

Regards,

Greg

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hilarious a Friday effect probably

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Yes indeed I did notice. Actually what happened is that I had kept my reply in edit mode for some time so no updates were visible(and when I switched to edit mode initially I had not seen yours as at that time there were no replies made yet) and by the time I posted my own reply, after posting the thread showed me that you too had made a reply. We replied at almost the same time. Had I seen yours I wouldnt have put up mine.Sorry for the duplicate reply but it was unintentional.

Thanks,

Atul.