Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to File denied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running a program to upload materials in bulk into table MARA by uploading a text file. However, it is throwing me an error that "Access to file is denied". I got the error at FM 'GUI_DOWNLOAD'. After browsing also i did not reach any conclusion. The OS on my system is windows XP and I have changed the security settings on the SAP LOGON to disabled status. I have not left the text file opened. I am not sure what else could be the problem. Can anybody please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 2 chances to land up for this kind of error.

1) Either you dont have the permission to store the file in the DRIVE that you are storing, for example C or D or E drives in your PC. Suggestion on this change the Drive name and check.

2) File with same name might be open already. In this case close the file and then try.

Hope any one should work for sure.

Regards

Venk@

6 REPLIES 6

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

'GUI_DOWNLOAD' ?
Try 'GUI_UPLOAD' (or was it just a typo?)

Best regards
Uwe Fetzer (@se38)

0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

The function module that is throwing a error is 'GUI_DOWNLOAD' 

When a error occurs during upload of materials into the SAP system the details of that error should be downloaded to the local drive of the computer which is C drive in my case. However this is not happening because of the error 'Access to file is denied'.

0 Kudos

Can you please post the relevant code incl. variable content? Else it's very difficult to help you.

Regards, Uwe

0 Kudos

Are you running Windows 7 or Vista?  If so, is the PC utilizing the Virtual Store concept that is from Vista onward?  In my case, this happened because the user does not have ownership of the target folder on the PC, or does not have admin rights or ??  In another case, I found that my files were being diverted from SAP GUI Work to something like local/appdata/virtualstore/  again because of the permissions and ownership errors for SAP GUI Work folder. And, unfortunately, since not all my users have the same build in the particular application area (each Win7 migration was done manually), some users work, some get files diverted to virtual store and some get access is denied.

The access is denied is coming from Windows via the SAP GUI, not from the GUI_DOWNLOAD FM.

You may need a Windows Guru to fix this mess for you...read about the virtual store fiasco in Google. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 2 chances to land up for this kind of error.

1) Either you dont have the permission to store the file in the DRIVE that you are storing, for example C or D or E drives in your PC. Suggestion on this change the Drive name and check.

2) File with same name might be open already. In this case close the file and then try.

Hope any one should work for sure.

Regards

Venk@

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Your first suggestion worked for me. Earlier C drive was being used and when i tried to paste a file is C drive, it showed me that access is denied. So I changed it to the D drive and now it works fine..Thanks for the suggestion!