cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction of postings to WBSE w.r.t G/L or cost element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have many projects with same structure for all these project definitions like I-12-MKT-001, I-12-DEV-001, I-12-SER-001 etc. In every project, level 1 is -IT Budget, level 2 is - Hardware, level 3 is Software & level 4 is General expenditure. All the costs posted on level 2 & 3 will be settled to assets and costs posted to level 4 will be settled to cost center.

Suppose one employee from MKT goes for training and while posting this cost, Finance dept. should post it only to General expenditure WBSE of MKT not to any other WBSE. How to restrict postings to particular WBSE w.r.t to G/L or cost element?

Thanks & Regards,

Murthy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can specify the WBSE (e.g. from the naming convention) then you can create FI or CO validation (depends on what document will be generated from the general expenditure posting) from transaction GGB0.

You need to specify the GL/CE and the corresponding WBSE, this way all cost posted using that GL/CE with account assignment WBS must be posted to General Expenditure WBSE.

You can consult your FI/CO people to get better explanation.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You can restrict to post general expenses to other WBS elements by putting GGB0 validation

under the head of      'Cost Accounting- line items'.

Validation prerequisite with the combination of GL and WBS element and also u can copy SAP standard program 'RGGBR000 and make necessary chances according to your condition.

This exit need to assigned in 'check' function

Rgds

Rao