Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accrual rate and value on monthly basis

noumanahmed_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My scenario is based on rebate agreement for 5 years.e.g 01-03-2012 to 01-03-2017.

I have configured condition type for calculation in below seqeunce for Scale basis

Calculation type ==> Percentage

Scale Basis  ==> Quantity Scale

Scale type ==> TO-Scale.

e.g 

to            Amount     Accrual

upto  50 Pieces    1%         Accrual 3 %

100 Pieces    2%

200 Pieces    3%

If a customer places order for 20 Pieces on 01-03-2012 and  20 Pieces on 15-03-2012 and run partial settlement  for the month of march 2012  through       "vb(7" it is working fine giving  1% rebate value for 40 pieces. 

later on when new order is placed for 20 Pieces on 01-04-2012 and run partial settlement for the month of April 2012 it is not providing results as required.

It is also considering previous month pieces and accrual amount giving 2 % rebate value for 20 piecesonly .

My requirement is to consider month based accural rate and Value for aggrement.

Thank you,

NoMi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure if I am understanding your question. I understand you want to solve the rate for accruals according the volume or amount of sales. Accruals amount is an estimation about the company hopes or foresee to sale to this customer, with the aim to make less roughly the evolution of profits. It's a long time since I did it last time, but when you do the last settlement, system creates a FI document to settle amount of expenses and accruals if the rate of accrual is not the same for rebate according scale (amount and/or quantity). It's a financial requirement.

I want this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

0 Kudos

Hi NoMi

The system behaviour you are describing is the standard as per the design.

Scales in rebates are NOT considered in the billing documents.

The only time the scale in the agreement is relevant is when the final settlement

is being carried out and the final sales volume is known. The scale that you maintain

in the agreement is relevant for the ONLY at final settlement.

It wouldn't make sense to determine the scale in the indivudual billing documents.

for example:

0 %  from      0 EUR
1 %  from   5000 EUR
2 %  from  10000 EUR
3 %  from  50000 EUR

If your average sale/billing document is 1000 EUR and you post
30 invoices in the period the scale would never apply in any document

Yet applied at the settlement the 30000 EUR would invoke 2% for example

I hope this helps explain further

Kind regards

Brian

noumanahmed_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you all for your valuable answers. The correct answer for my question is Extended rebate agreements through which you can now also perform partial settlements that only take individual periods for settlement into account with scales based calculation.

I found this information on the below website

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bev461/helpdata/en/5a/5b9b3c0f4da40ee10000000a11405a/content.htm 

"Periodic settlement of rebate agreements.

Instead being limited to periodical partial settlements that always consider the entire validity period of an agreement, you can now also perform partial settlements that only take individual periods for settlement into account. As a result, individual periods are settled like individual agreements. This applies especially to the use of scales and fixed amounts."

Thank you,

Regards,

NoMi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi NoMi,

The validity period of a rebate condition record of a rebate condition type which we maintain  VBO2 transaction defaults from the validity period of the rebate agreement. However, you can change the validity period to one within the range of the agreement period. For example, if you set up the agreement for the 5 years and you pay out on a monthly basis with different amounts, it makes sense to create multiple condition records with monthly validity dates.

Maintain different condition records with scales for different validity periods (for example for all the months of an year)and check if it works. I think it will.

Hope this helps

noumanahmed_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tilak,

Thank you for the reply. Based on the solution you proposed it solved one part of my problem that after changing the condition record validity from previous month i.e. 01-03-2012 to 31-03-2012 to current month 01-04-2012 to 30-04-2012 the scale based calculation for monthly settlement is working as required but the system is subtracting previous month payments from current accrual .e.g.

If I had already paid100 $ accrual for previous month  and current month accrual should be calculated as 150 $  the system is subtracting it from precious payment purposing 50 $ as total value of accrual for current month however Condition rate, Condition base value , scale base value is okay.

Total accrual of current month= Current month accrual - previous month accrual

How can I ignore precious month accrual?

I can not create multiple condition record as customer and rebate group is same for my scenario.

Thank you,

NoMi