cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a content repository with storage type HTTP Content Server in SAP using transaction oac0.

I am getting the following error :-

Error in HTTP Access: IF_HTTP_CLIENT->RECEIVE 1

ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED

Thanks in Advance. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls check with network team if there is any firewall which is blocking the connection to target system. also check if the target system is having the exact same details which you have maintained above and is up and running fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Yes, all the things are working. Is there any SAP side configuration related to that ?

Thanks !    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again, create an RFC destination in SM59 type G (HTTP Connections to External Server) to the HTTP server/port. Do you get the same error message ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED? If yes, the host is unreachable from your SAP client and you will need support from your basis team in order to reach the content server from your SAP client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Yes I am getting the same error , when I create the RFC destination. I am little doubtful about the port number and path context.

Port no. I am giving is 8080 as I am using tomcat on my http content server machine. About path context, I don't have any idea. Kindly suggest.

Thanks !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin, the error suggests that you do not reach the server/port from your SAP client. The path is irrelevant if do not reach the server yet.

At first you have to figure out correct hostname/IP and port. Once the connection to the server is ok then you need correct path.

I'm sorry but I cannot suggest anything more here cause this is landscape specific. Please ask network/system admin or basis team for host/port/firewall/network etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright Martin !! Thanks for your help. I'll get back to you If I come across any possible solutions with this.

Thanks !!

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Follow this link, it has same issue.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3149351

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

didn't get help from that thread. Kindly suggest something else.

Thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, hostname or port are most probably not reachable from your server, or the remote host is down, or network issues... Contact basis team.