Product 2

Product 3

But the correct display must be:

Char1

KF1

Product 1

Product 2

Product 3

Which Aggregation parameters and Calculation Type for Key Figure I have must choose in the following situation?

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Svetlana,

Sorry, what is your confusion?

When you are selecting Product 1, all the CVCs containing 'Product 1'  would be selected.

So, KF data against selection 'Product1 = KF against the CVC 'Product1-colour1' + KF against the CVC 'product1-colour2' = 10 +10 =20.

If you specify selection as 'product 1- colour 1', you would see 10, and similarly if you specify selection as 'product1-colour2', you would see 10.

I guess you should undergo some basic training in APO to understand such basic things.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your answers and recommendations!

Few adjustments…

I pointed out Char2 (Color) for understanding that there are several characteristics that make characteristic combinations.

If I have only Char 1 (Product) and Key Figures, without any other characteristics, the data in the Interactive Demand Planning is displayed correctly. But if add other characteristics we get characteristic combinations and in the Interactive Demand Planning is displayed sum for Char 1: Product 1 = 20

But the value of the Product 1 must be constant =10.

How can I realize this scenario?

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Svetlana,

What exactly is your requirement? Please explain your scenario.

Assume that you have Char1 as 'Car brand', and Char2 as 'colour'.

If your char1 (car brand) has value as 'Mercedes', and Char2 (colour) could have values 'black' and 'white'. Also assuming that KF1 is 'demand'.

Demand (KF1) for 1st CVC black Mercedes (from total demand) = 5

Demand (KF1) for 2nd CVC white Mercedes (from total demand) = 5

Therefore, Demand (KF1) for Mercedes = 10 (5+5).

If you want that product1 should have value 10, then have product1-colour1 and product1-colour2 such that the sum at product1 level is equal to 10 (e.g. as above).

If you look at above example I shared and compare it what you are looking for, you are saying that demand for black mercedes is 5, demand for white mercedes is also 5, but still total demand for mercedes is also 5. How would it be possible?

Thanks- Pawan

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Svetlana,

Probably, a screenshot of your selection profile would be helpful to better understand the problem context and suggest you a working solution (if possible).

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pawan,

Thanks for you answer.

I did not write that KF1 is demand. In my example KF1 will be constant value for each Product:

for Product1 = 10

for Product2 = 8

for Product3 = 15

For example, the KF1 may be thickness of product. Thickness is the constant value.

Svetlana

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Svetlana,

In most cases, attributes like thickness should be a 'characteristic' or an 'attribute' which would be used for selections or display purpose, not a KF.

You did not share sufficient details, but if I assume that you are planning to use thickness in some calculations, e.g. let's say price of your product or cost of your product is dependent on dimensions, then I would propose that you DO NOT USE any disaggregation for these kind of KFs, as these are constant values, and hence not candidates for disaggregation.

So, use 'Calculation Type' as N (no calculation), and use 'time based disaggregation' also as N (No time-based distribution).

Then whatever value you maintain will remain constant, and will not get aggregated or disaggregated. At whatever level you would see the data, the value would remain the same.

Thanks- Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pawan,

You are absolutely write, I planning to use thickness in some calculations, so it KF.

I tried to install Calculation Type as N, and Time based disaggregation as N,

in this case the Total result is not calculated, but and KF is not displayed in the Interactive Demand Planning area.

Now we have some technical problems with LC, when we will solve it I once again try to repeat this example.

Svetlana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Svetlana,

If you want to use Thickness as a KF then I would suggest you not to use disaggregation for this keyfigure.Instead you can write macro to use such keyfigure in calculation of your cost.

And if you want to display the desired result as mentioned by you please filter the CVC in the specific selection.

Thanks,

Anurag

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Many thanks for your recommendations. 

We resolved technical problems with liveCache, and I once more tried to run my DP scenario.

Result is the same.  As I written in the previous message the KF does not displayed in the Interactive Demand Planning if I installed Calculation Type as N, and Time based disaggregation as N.

Until I decide the problem with calculation type in two ways: change the data in the Interactive Demand Planning by hands or use excel –files (save locally/upload data). But I am looking for another solution and I will be glad to your help.

Svetlana

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Svetlana,

Calculation Type (Key Fig setting for aggregation/disaggregation) will not have any impact on your problem as it's purpose is totally different. Please check the following link for details on aggregation/disaggregation of key figures.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/47/d12b801fb26c68e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Based on your data and selection of just on characteristic, the system is behaving properly. It's rolling up the key figure values based on the selected characteristic i.e. product. To meet your requirement, it is required to exclude either Color 1 or Color2 of another characteristic 'Color' in the selection profile.

Please check the following screenshot for an example.

Thanks,
Rajesh